Tryin Again

Options
I saw this site on the Today Show this morning and thought Id check it out. I need all the support I can get. Im no good at this weight loss thing. I am a pastry chef/cake decorator and I am constantly tempted by the ooey gooey goodness of sweets and its very challenging for me. I am looking forward to the support I am gonna get from everyone.....LETS GET STARTED!!!

Replies

• ashmholland
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!! You def have come to the right place!! :flowerforyou:
  • kathylsmith30
    Options
    This site has lots of support! And I absolutely love the extensive food database! The database makes logging my food every day less daunting.

I can't imagine the sort of temptation you must have as a pastry chef!! I'm sure it takes a ton of determination and discipline to say no to a little taste here and there. I imagine all those little tastes add up to a ton of calories! I know when I'm craving some food, it sometimes help me to think, "If I eat this, I'm going to have to log it." Logging food really makes you accountable for what you take in every day. Makes me think twice about eating something I probably shouldn't.

Good luck! You can do it! :)
  • flbeachbum
    Options
    This site is awesome! Lots of great support. Hey, LOVE the profile pic;) One of my favorite buddies! Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • Joyjmb
    Joyjmb Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about being no good at weightloss. Maybe just work on being good to yourself more. I think half of us joined after the 'Today' show - funny!
  • mommaski4
    mommaski4 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Well, I missed the airing on the Today show. But I saw that clip on the MSN homepage on Monday along with several other people who lost 100+ lbs. I jumped right over to check out this site, loved it, and am now on my way to logging a healthier me!