Can you burn to many calories?

Options
My question is if I was to burn 500 calories in the morning, and then again in the evening, would there be any possible issues I should be concerned with?

Replies

• Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    If you go from nothing to that, it might be a bit hard on your body and you risk injury. But if you're fit enough to do it, and fuel appropriately, there's absolutely no reason not to. Real athletes burn a heck of a lot more than that in training...
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    If you go from nothing to that, it might be a bit hard on your body and you risk injury. But if you're fit enough to do it, and fuel appropriately, there's absolutely no reason not to. Real athletes burn a heck of a lot more than that in training...

It's important to give your body enough fuel to function and stay healthy, so you can burn too many calories if you aren't eating at least some of them back.
  • blackermagic
    Options
    You can burn all the calories you want. I burn 1500 on my longer runs of 13.1 miles. Heck, some days I will work out 3 times, and burn 2000+ calories lifting and running.

And you don't have to eat anything back...that is bogus. Eat healthy and eat what you need to. I hardly eat anything on my long run days.

You just need to understand your own body and how it responds to exercise...