Low Carb Dieting

Options
2»

Replies

• ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Low carb diets are not healthy. They cause your blood sugar to go way up, which is a precursor of diabetes. You're better off staying away from fad diets and simply eating healthy foods in moderation. There are some people who, for some health reasons, have to lower their carbs. But basically healthy people have no need to. You need carbs to make insulin to keep your blood sugar regulated.

Peer reviewed studies from MEDICAL journals that back up your claims or GTFO. I've been on keto for almost three months now and I'm not feeling any ill effects. In fact, I've been feeling awesome. Also, it's NOT a fad diet for me.
  • Crazycupcake75
    Crazycupcake75 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I do low carb my way, don't follow any fad diets. I have made it my way of life and lost 24lbs in 20 weeks. Seems slow loss in comparison to what high protein fad diets promise but its maintainable long term and my thighs and tummy look lean, especially after having 2 babies (age 3 and 6 mnths). I have 50g net carbs per day and around 1250kcal. It works for me. My goal was obviously to loose weight but also not feel hungry all the time. I have tried traditional low fat high carb diets and feel starving most of the time for 1250kcal a day. I am only 5ft2 so my daily calorie allowance to loose weight isn't very high. I have a sweet tooth as well.

Typical menu;
    Breakfast - palmful of unsalted mixed nuts and raisins with weight watchers yogurt
    Morning snack - boiled egg with a little bit of salt and pepper
    Lunch - lean chicken salad with an options hot chocolate
    Mid afternoon snack - decaf coffee with 2 baby bel light cheese
    Dinner - poached salmon with lots of steamed veg and sugar free jelly

Lots and lots of water

I do have a stash of atkins shakes and bars so if my husband and friends are tucking into chocolate I don't deprive myself, just have the low carb version as a weekend treat.

I also do 30 mins cardio a day like walking/playing with the kids, exercise bike, working out to fitness DVD, dancing etc.

Good luck. Hope this helps.x
  • msflyny
    msflyny Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm keto dieting for fat loss and not really worried about my body weight because I lift weights to build muscle. I'm planning on competing into natural bodybuilding next year so my diet is key. I was labeled morbidly obese in 2009, but eating clean, exercising, and learning how my body uses energy has been the keys to my success. I like keto dieting because I'm never hungry due to amount of healthy fat I eat, plus the benefits of having nice smooth shiny skin was an unexpected surprise. I do break my diet every now and then to re-boost my metabolism and satisfy the cravings that I sometimes get, but overall I lost fat and gained muscle at the same time so I'm happy.
  • ThePlight
    ThePlight Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    I tried doing low carb, but this made me become addicted to red meat. Meat is expensive, so I looked the other way. I am FINALLY off it...
  • sallyaj
    sallyaj Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I am doing low carb high fat -- some call it keto.

Tonight for dinner we had chicken Parmesan. Boneless Chicken breast pounded flat, rolled in mayo and covered in crumb mix of crushed pork rinds, Parmesan cheese, Italian seasonings and baked 20 min at 375 degrees F. Remove, add a few tbso sugar free marinara sauce and top with full fat mozzarella cheese. Bake another 5 minutes to melt the cheese.

Delish!