A fat-burning victory!

Options
thedreamhazer
thedreamhazer Posts: 1,156 Member
I am so excited! First off, I broke past the 10 lbs. lost mark today, which is great! (Technically, I've lost 14 lbs., but I didn't start using MFP until 3 of them were already gone). But even better is the inches I've shed! I put on ten pounds my last term of school, and my waist size EXPLODED from 32 inches to 36.5 inches. YIKES!
Today, 4 pounds lighter than I was BEFORE I put on the weight last term, and my waist is 30.5 inches! I'm even losing the flabby arms. They were over 14 inches, and now they're at 12.75 inches! I've also lost over 2 inches from my hips, 2 from my bust, and my thighs are down 3 inches!

And I truly, TRULY believe that it's all of the body weight strength training I've been doing that's giving me a real edge! The pounds are slow going, but the inches are just melting away! I'm super, SUPER proud of myself and I just needed to throw that positive energy out into the MFP world!

Replies

• nfoster2010
    Options
    Great Job!
  • thedreamhazer
    Options
    Thanks!
  • pshontz
    pshontz Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! What kind of strength exercises do you do? (I do some, but would love to know what really burns that waistline fat!) :-)
  • Sumatra
    Sumatra Posts: 181
    Options
    That is FANTASTIC!!! Congratulations!!! I'm losing weight but my inches seem to be going at a much slower rate than yours! I also would like to know what strength exercise you're doing and how often, etc. Thanks and seriously Congratulations!!!
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • mikioi
    mikioi Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    That is so exciting!! Keep up the good work!! Thanks for sharing the good MFP vibes!! :)
  • nijeka
    nijeka Posts: 28
    Options
    Congratulations! I joined Curves about 4 months ago and I was losing alot of inches doing the circuit training. I didn't lose too much weight (lost 7 lbs, but a total of I think 14 inches). If you have a Curves near you, it's worth looking into. I got off track with going, but I'm determined to get back on a regular schedule this week and get those inches and pounds dropping off! I just found this MFP today, and I think it is going to help me out alot.
  • thedreamhazer
    Options
    I do a little strength training everyday, and really focus in on it three days a week. On core days, I do crunches, bicycles, supermans, bird dogs, hip lifts, and cross body crunches. Leg days are all about squats, split squats, plie dumbbell squats, and burpees. Arm days are tricep kickbacks, single arm rows, push ups, standing bicep curls, and dips.

I also do some light pilates before breakfast -- about 120 calories over 30-45 minutes.

Other than these things, I also really believe in interval training. I like to do a walk a lap, run a lap routine for 2-4 miles with walking at 4 mph, 2 incline, running at 8 mph, no incline.

I hope this helps!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!