Pop addiction and Fast Food

Options
mrsbuzz
mrsbuzz Posts: 576 Member
Not sure if this is posted in the right place, but I need some help!!! I am addicted to pop and fast food.:drinker: I go crazy if I run out of pop and tired of drinking water all the time. I have tired drinking tea but I put sugar in it so is it any better? I am also addicted to fast food. I am always thinking of about food no matter what. I am hurting my family because we eat out way to much. We are picky family so eating at home gets boring eating the same things over and over again. My hubby is also addicted to pop so if I stop buying it he will have some. If anyone has any advice I would greatly appreciate it.

Replies

• mygoins
    mygoins Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Talk to your hubby.. Tell him you don't want to put him on a diet or force him to follow what you are doing, but that you want to get healthier and sexier for him...

Ask him to commit to two weeks.. (i'd say a month, but Halloween & Thanksgiving are close).. Two weeks of eating at home and no soda at home.. (If he has some at work, it won't affect you)... After two weeks, it will be easier for you to resist. plan your meals out and try to add something new every week.. Once you get started and see some success it gets easier.. you can do this!!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Not sure if this is posted in the right place, but I need some help!!! I am addicted to pop and fast food.:drinker: I go crazy if I run out of pop and tired of drinking water all the time. I have tired drinking tea but I put sugar in it so is it any better? I am also addicted to fast food. I am always thinking of about food no matter what. I am hurting my family because we eat out way to much. We are picky family so eating at home gets boring eating the same things over and over again. My hubby is also addicted to pop so if I stop buying it he will have some. If anyone has any advice I would greatly appreciate it.

yes because it's pure tea.
    also because you control the sugar.
    also because you can choose a different sweetener du jour so as not to overdo a single one
    also because you can wean yourself off sweeteners in general over time by putting less and less as your tastebuds adjust.
  • GingerLolita
    GingerLolita Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Log all the calories you drink, if you aren't already. Compare the drink calories to food you could've eaten instead. This will help motivate you to drink less of your calories. Calories from drinks aren't filling, so you'll be hungrier than if you were to eat all your calories. Tea is better than soda. I recommend slowly reducing the amount of sweetener, maybe trying to find other flavorings instead. If you keep making your tea less sweet, you'll eventually not even need the sugar. You can also try flavored water, but if you need it sweet, I recommend going with the real sugar. If you really can't spare the calories, opt for natural low or no-calorie sweetener, but low and no-calorie sweeteners can make your sugar cravings worse. You can also flavor water yourself. I used to drink Starbucks Skinny espresso drinks daily last year and now I have espresso with unsweetened vanilla almond milk instead. Maybe your husband likes some pop flavors you don't and can stick with those or only bring home a few servings at a time. This way, you'll want to save some for him and can't have that much yourself. It also wouldn't be a bad idea to try to get him to drink healthier things - especially if you do the food shopping! I got my boyfriend interested in eating and drinking healthily, so he mostly drinks 100% juice now.

If your family is pleased with fast food and picky at home, maybe try to recreate some fast food favorites at home - but healthier versions, of course. You can also customize dishes so to omit or add certain ingredients for some family members that others don't like. But ultimately, your family will all be better off if they have no option other than eating healthy food, even if they don't seem to like it at first. You can try to get them excited about eating healthy by picking out some new recipes together!
  • TwistDSG
    TwistDSG Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I used to eat alot of fast food. Thats until I read the secrets of it. If you really know what is in your typical Big Mac or chicken nuggets, you'll learn to grow away from it rather quickly. I cut soda out of my life many years back when I learned that the phosphoric acid in soda wears away my precious teeth. It'll take some time to get over it but as soon as you do I guarantee you won't return. Just read about the evils of fastfood and gradually make changes from there on in.