Glad to be here

Options
My name is Paula and Iam 44 years old and have been overweight my entire life. My highest weight was 276, when I met my husband. I am now 232 and its been almost 4 years ago we met. I have most recently had foot surgery that does not allow me to do much exercising. I will be able to after Aug 30th. I am just so tired of putting off starting to lose weight that I have to do something now. I am a smoker and know that I will have to stop smoking to be completely healthy. the funny thing is I know all the right things to do as far as eating and exercising, but actually doing them is the hard thing. I started eating more organic when I met my husband and truly believe it makes a difference not to eat so many chemicals. We recently started our own blueberry farm and want to entice others to eat the right way also. But again actually doing is a different story. I saw the Today show , and there was a woman that had lost 141 pounds in under a year using this tool, so I thought I would give it a try also. Hope I'm on the right track this time. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know Thanks, Paula . :flowerforyou: and I'm glad to be here

Replies

• tammyhoff2004
    Options
    Hi Paula! I'm here to tell you that this is the easiest life change that you can follow. Jillian Michaels says that you must count calories and exercise 30 mins a day for your lifetime. You gotta make it a lifetime habit. :wink: That's not hard to do to receive a longer life in return. :happy: I've lost 23 lbs in 45 days and I don't feel like I'm overdoing it. I'm feeling the best I have in a long, long time. I quit smoking about 8 years ago so I know what you're feeling. You can do it and you might as well do it now while the getting is good. Get ready for your lfie to change. God bless you on your weight loss journey!! :flowerforyou:
  • trisha329
    trisha329 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Hi Paula!

I joined today, too, after seeing the piece on the Today Show this morning! I'm really excited to start making serious changes to my life and it's great to have a website with such warm and friendly people who all have the same goal!
  • paula7893
    Options
    tHANK YOU BOTH SO MUCH FOR YOUR COMMENTS AND SUGGESTIONS. IM REALLY EXCITED ABOUT THIS ALSO.:wink: