Drinking water and the Bathroom

Options
So I've been drinking my 8 glasses a day like I'm supposed to. But OMG!!! I am constantly running to the bathroom to pee. Does it ever end? Will I ever get used to drinking this much?

Replies

• dfwtxmissy
    dfwtxmissy Posts: 102
    Options
    My trick is everytime I go to the bathroom, I drink 8 oz. of water. Yes..you spend lots of time in the BR and there are days when I think I need to move my desk in there, but it is well worth it.
  • tammyhoff2004
    Options
    Maybe you should have it checked out because when I had that issue, there was a problem. Just saying....God bless you!! :flowerforyou:
  • kittytrix
    kittytrix Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I'm always running to the bathroom so I not only flush out my sustem but I burn calories with all the extra running. LOL!

Not to get too graphic, but I don't like it when my urine gets too yellow. It's not supposed to be that color. It's supposed to be closer to clear. The yellow is the impurities or a sign of dehydration. That's why I try to drink water as much as possible. More than 8 glasses if possible.
  • sara_m83
    sara_m83 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    I'm the same - on days I get in the 8 cups of water, I am going to the bathroom, like, 6 times during the day. But it's good for the kidneys, apparently.
  • Sumatra
    Sumatra Posts: 181
    Options
    Your body does get used to it. I drink a gallon to a gallon and half of water everyday and I assure you I do not spend all day in the bathroom. I may go a little more often than some people, but it's not all the time. Seriously, your body will get used to it.
  • JBennis1013
    JBennis1013 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Maybe you should have it checked out because when I had that issue, there was a problem. Just saying....God bless you!! :flowerforyou:
    My luck it probably is a problem lol. I felt tired went to the doctor=hypothryoid...have trouble running on the treadmill or walking fast...went to the foot dr=platars faciatis...My mom makes fun of me saying that I am the oldest 26 year old she knows lol. @kittytrix...I'm the same way with the color lol!
  • Sherry1979
    Sherry1979 Posts: 457
    Options
    I agree. . .I drink at least 200 oz everyday. . .and yes when I first started drinking ANY water I ran to the bathroom constantly, but now it has eased off. . .so I think your body just has to have time to adjust like it does with anything new. Good job getting your water in and just keep it up!!! :drinker: :bigsmile:
  • april522
    april522 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I drink anywhere from 8-11 cups of water a day, and Lord help me if I have to sit through an entire movie in the evening at home! I just can't do it without going to the bathroom, so I'm right there with you. It is good for the body though; helps flush out the excessive sodium, and like someone mentioned, you don't want urine to be dark yellow - closer to the clear side.
  • mrsw510
    mrsw510 Posts: 169
    Options
    It will slow down a little once your body is used to the water. When I first started drinking my water I was probably going every 45 minutes. Now I drink 12-15 8oz glases a day and don't do nearly as much.
  • Tandksmommy10
    Options
    My luck it probably is a problem lol. I felt tired went to the doctor=hypothryoid...have trouble running on the treadmill or walking fast...went to the foot dr=platars faciatis...My mom makes fun of me saying that I am the oldest 26 year old she knows lol. @kittytrix...I'm the same way with the color lol!

You sound like you've got the same luck I do! I'm 26 and have had 10 surgeries in the past 22 years. All on different things too. I'm a mess..haha.
  • ICan1010
    ICan1010 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Make all those trips to the bathroom work for you! I just read an article about "sneaking" exercise into your day. Now, every time I go to the bathroom (which is very often because of how much water I drink!), I do 10 squats. By the end of the day, I've done at least 50 or 60! It also puts a smile on my face when I go back to my desk; I could just crack up laughing when I wonder what my co-workers would think if they knew I was exercising in the bathroom. :laugh:
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Haha, so many different opinions!

If you are ALWAYS running to the bathroom, try cutting your cups down to 6 / day, except on days you work out, when you should probably have 8 or more, cause you're sweating a lot.

If your pee is yellow, it could be from a multivitamin, so make sure it's that and not that you are not drinking enough water.

I hear that drinking too much water is bad for your kidneys? or liver? (show's what I remember from the article) or whatever it is, because it's constantly having to work, which isn't great for it either.

I try to drink water 15 mins before every meal, and most snacks, and then before, during, and after workouts. That usually gets me "enough" water.
  • unocentavo
    unocentavo Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Yeah, what Steph does works for me too. Just try to consume the highest volume of water before you eat.