Craving

Lets help each other through cravings!

List your craving when you have one, and we will work through them together.

I have a sudden craving for cookies.

Give me 3 reasons I dont need those cookies!

Replies

• Geminihuntress
    Geminihuntress Posts: 199 Member
    do you know how much oil is in manufactured cookies? And what kind of oil? CHEAP *kitten*!! Cogs your arteries, packs on the fat....
  • VanillaBeanSeed
    VanillaBeanSeed Posts: 562 Member
    Thanks!

Right now they are trapped behind the glass of the vending machine. So Im not going to find out! But being that they are coming from a vending machine, Im sure they are not good!

What else?!
  • MistyMtnMan
    MistyMtnMan Posts: 527 Member
    Just have them as long as you're staying within your daily goals and don't over do it. No need to stress so much :)
  • VanillaBeanSeed
    Its not about the calories, its about the will power to say no. I havent been exercising the will power lately.

Plus it is 320 for the package, which is a huge chunk out of my days allowance!
  • kluvit
    kluvit Posts: 435 Member
    How many minutes or miles would you have to run to counteract those cookies? Are they really worth it? Are they THAT good? Probably not!
  • kluvit
    kluvit Posts: 435 Member
    PS...I had some vending machine cookies the other day after lunch...what I thought was one of my favorites, but they were dry and crumbly, and soooo NOT worth it. In the end, I would have rather had my afternoon coffee at half the calories.
  • helenrosemay
    helenrosemay Posts: 375 Member
    I very rarely crave anything. If I do happen to crave something sweet, I eat something sweet, I just make sure I eat within my calories. I don't want to spend the rest of my life having to use willpower to not eat certain foods. I'd rather have the knowledge to know how much I can eat of whatever I want and work it into my day.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    vending machine cookies are so not worth it, now if you want to go to the store and get some neste tollhouse dough and cook them so they are stil soft, well then I'll get behind that idea. I vote save your quarters!
  • VanillaBeanSeed
    I very rarely crave anything. If I do happen to crave something sweet, I eat something sweet, I just make sure I eat within my calories. I don't want to spend the rest of my life having to use willpower to not eat certain foods. I'd rather have the knowledge to know how much I can eat of whatever I want and work it into my day.

But my problem lately is that Im craving something sweet ALOT lately. And that one sweet thing usually makes me want more.
    Its not about depriving myself, its about control.. for me anyway.
  • helenrosemay
    helenrosemay Posts: 375 Member

But my problem lately is that Im craving something sweet ALOT lately. And that one sweet thing usually makes me want more.
    Its not about depriving myself, its about control.. for me anyway.
    If you know you crave sweet things a lot, then try carrying around sweet snacks like a banana, dried fruits, some sort of healthy bar, or other sweet snacks you like.
  • SkinnyFatAlbert
    SkinnyFatAlbert Posts: 482 Member
    Just have a cookie. It's not that big of a deal.
  • cicisiam
    cicisiam Posts: 491 Member
    Think about how much better you will feel about yourself if you used that money to buy fresh fruit instead. A proud moment instead of a self defeating yucky feeling after eating the cookies. Less calories more nutrition and fiber in fruit. Power up that self esteem & Body with good feelings & good food!
  • Cheechos
    Cheechos Posts: 293
    1. Vending machine cookies are usually hella dry.
    2. If you eat them, you're gonna have to cut calories later and you may end up hungry in the evening for doing so.
    3. Vending machine food is getting pretty pricey, and the cost honestly isn't worth it when the stuff inside hasn't changed in years.
  • marilynx
    marilynx Posts: 128 Member
    Hey, I like this thread!

Three reasons why you shouldn't eat those cookies:

They're nowhere near filling, so you'll just be ingesting calories to still feel hungry later

Store bought cookies are dry and nowhere near as good as they could be

You'll get cookies stuck to your teeth, and if you smile and there's chocolate on your teeth..... Major faux pas.

Ok, so MY craving has been SPECIFICALLY: Deans chocolate ice cream. I scheduled it into my Friday food diary, but I can't help but think about wanting some RIGHT NOW! Ok, three reasons why I should avoid this wonderful piece of heaven?
  • Kiba78
    Kiba78 Posts: 11
    Marilynx three reasons for you to avoid your cravings

1)What would you have to look forward to on Friday

2) You may not ignore the next craving you have before Friday

3) You will feel better about yourself if you don't give into the temptation!
  • Kiba78
    Kiba78 Posts: 11
    @VAnilla

1) You won't feel good about yourself if you give in to the craving!

2) The cookies are not in your caloric budget

3) You can spend your money on something more filling or either save your money.
  • Think about how many minutes you would have to spend at the gym just to burn off those 320 calories, for what? Only 2 minutes of a "yummy" taste? Think about how you DO have the will power to say NO and that you WILL succeed in this challenge. You will NOT let some cookies take you over! YOU CAN DO ANYTHING you set your mind to and you WILL! Why say yes to something that will bring regret later? These are all things that I say to myself when I'm contemplating food lol
  • VanillaBeanSeed

You'll get cookies stuck to your teeth, and if you smile and there's chocolate on your teeth..... Major faux pas.
    HAHA
    Ok, so MY craving has been SPECIFICALLY: Deans chocolate ice cream. I scheduled it into my Friday food diary, but I can't help but think about wanting some RIGHT NOW! Ok, three reasons why I should avoid this wonderful piece of heaven?

my number one reason for you.. ITS COLD OUTSIDE AND ICE CREAM WILL MAKE YOU COLDER! hahaha
    Im always so cold!