MFP won't say it... so I will

Options
MFP won't say it, so I will... I gained almost 2 pounds last week. This is my first official gain (not counting those weird days that i would wake up and weigh an extra pound, but by official weigh in day i would be back down).. first official gain since joining MFP at the beginning of 2010. I find this both frustrating and motivating.

Frustrating, because i knew last week when i was eating that .... chicken roll, deli panini, mac n cheese, cheeseburger and fries, icecream... and not getting any exercise at all.. i knew while i was doing this that i was going to gain... and i did it anyway. And i don't know why i continued, for a whole week, to eat badly and be lazy. I was busy, yes, and i was in a crappy, slobbish mood.. but i still should have done it.

Motivating, because, knowing this will push me to cook my healthy meals, plan ahead, and get my workouts in. Today, I am back on track. A little too much, since I have over 400 calories left. I know that I should eat something more, but it already being almost 11 PM, i'll probably just have a small snack and put the calories towards last week's overkill lol. Going to make those 2 pounds the only two pounds i gain from now on!

Replies

• nursee67
    nursee67 Posts: 503
    Options
    I think I was hanging in the same places as you. I am back on track...hope you are too!
  • Pattitude
    Pattitude Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    There must have been something in the air last week because I did the same thing as you... as well as a few of my other MFP friends! If I were to list all of the gross things I ate last week, I might be banned from this site. The good news is that we all re-dedicated ourselves to our healthy lifestyles THIS week. Good luck getting back on track!
  • KellieMcMurdy
    KellieMcMurdy Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I think it was definately in the air cause I totally blew it over the weekend and today wasn't much better :( We ran all weekend and I hadn't planned ahead so I paid the price. Tomorrow is a new day and I'm going to try and behave myself and maybe as punishment hit another Zumba class this week. Glad I have here to remind me that I do have "someone" to answer to other than myself :) Good luck getting back on track!
  • BOGmama2010
    BOGmama2010 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Good job getting back on track! They're not failures we have, they are learning lessons. And, you just learned. :o)
  • mksmom09
    mksmom09 Posts: 12
    Options
    I kind of felt the same way yesterday. I was afraid to log what I ate today for fear that it would again be over, and that I have gained back the 2lbs I have lost in the last 2 weeks
  • nikki_zav
    nikki_zav Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the confession!! Helped me admit to my own weekend of complete over-indulgence as well. The scale was NOT my friend this morning by 4 lbs!!! Keep at it. You're going to get those two lbs back before you know and be even lower. Great job for not letting it suck you down even further. :)
  • nikki_zav
    nikki_zav Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the confession!! Helped me admit to my own weekend of complete over-indulgence as well. The scale was NOT my friend this morning by 4 lbs!!! Keep at it. You're going to get those two lbs back before you know and be even lower. Great job for not letting it suck you down even further. :)
  • stefferni
    stefferni Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I almost feel better reading all of these posts because, I too, have done the same thing!! I worked out though...4 great workouts last week, but still ate HORRIBLE!! Today is better but not by much. I have had a REALLY HARD time re-adjusting after my vacation and can't seem to keep the healthy eating up since then. I'm encouraged to hear that I'm not the only one struggling but also encouraged by your determination after learning from this...I hope to be able to do the same. Thanks for sharing.