Small victory today!!

Options
I had a potluck at school today and there were all sorts of sweets and what not there. Instead, I had the healthy stuff of pulled pork, some fruit, and I indulged on 2 cookies that I had plenty of calories to spare for! I feel so great! :bigsmile:

Replies

• jamiebonner
    Options
    Its all about the small wins...keep up the good work.
  • Levahna
    Levahna Posts: 132
    Options
    Yay!!! Nice job!!!
  • KristenStone
    KristenStone Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! :) Its very hard but you feel so great afterwards! Last week, out of the blue, my work decides to have a banana split party!! Bahh. So I had a 1/2 scoop of ice cream, 3 strawberries, a half of banana and 1/2 tsp of fat free chocolate syrup. I felt pretty dang accomplished!!!
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • kingkimi1213
    kingkimi1213 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Good job, Im really trying to help myself when it comes to parties, pot lucks && BBQ. I am a monster at those :D
    How do you manage to stay so in control?
    Im glad you had a good time keep up the good work!
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I have such a hard time when it is free food. I feel like I have to eat all of it and stuff myself like a chipmunk because it's free. It's so hard to get over a long period of not having money for food (not like starving, but like lots of ramen, WIC, pasta, no meals over $1-2 total etc) and then seeing free food... I still have that mentality and will totally overeat if there is free food. Especially junk food and things that I would never ever buy for myself when I couldn't even drink milk for like two years because it cost too much!