Lifting heavy, both eyes twitching for 2 weeks now??

Options
Both of my eyes have been twitching a lot for about 2 weeks now ( its an all day thing). I have been really pushing the weights on my program for the past 2 weeks. Did some researching online and found it could be do to heavy lifting. I have a protein shake after every workout. I also saw a suggestion about electrolytes. Wondering if anyone else has experienced this and what did you do to make it go away!

Replies

• ChrisLindsay9
    ChrisLindsay9 Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    How's your sleep? The only time my eyes get twitchy is when my sleep has been subpar (either lack of sleep or lack of quality sleep). High stress levels can affect eyelid spasms as well. Another cause might be caffeine. Have you recently increased caffeine consumption, either in soft drinks, coffee, or pre-workout drinks?

Anecdotally, I have been told that low levels of magnesium and/or potassium might cause this as well. I don't know if this is correct, however.

Hope that it goes away for you. It's a mild annoyance, but an annoyance nonetheless!
  • bceltic
    bceltic Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I sleep from 10 till 530. I have been feeling tired lately though, I assumed it was from all the working out. I also read about magnesium and pot levels. I will check that. I really hope I don't become one of those peeps that need a nap every day lol. Im not a happy person after a nap! haha