bikram Yoga

Options
Helloooo Lovely people!

Juct wondering what people's findings have been in concern to bikram yoga?
I've been doing hot yoga of different varities almost everyday for a week now and feel fantastic in myself but have now probably over worked myself and am experiencing a lot of soreness; worse than I ever get from lifting etc. I know that my form is correct as I have fantastic teachers that adjust me whenever needed.
Anyone else find this?
Is it possible to over-train in yoga?
Also what are everyone's reasons for doing hot yoga of any variety?

Replies

• donnace7
    donnace7 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I have been doing a little hot yoga too, but only a few times over the past week or so and I am/was SORE. I was told that the way to get rid of the soreness is a another hot yoga session, but I don't know if this applies when its done daily like you have been doing it. The hot yoga instructors are really good - I would ask your instructor what he/she recommends next time you go. I've never been as impressed with fitness instructors as I have been with these hot yoga teachers that walk around the room and carefully watch people!
  • OneImaginaryGirl
    OneImaginaryGirl Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I have been practicing Bikram yoga for 8 years, almost daily... it does help to go back the next day in order to get rid of the sore-ness. Also take electrolytes and maybe take a hot shower or bath.
  • capricorn2721
    capricorn2721 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    What is the difference between Bikram Yoga and Hatha?