Sooo Tired

Options
:yawn: :yawn: This has been getting worse and worse... I am trying to eat healthy and stay close to my calorie goal. I exercise and still feel completely drained..... Someone mentioned Candida overgrowth to me and maybe pro biotics would help... Anyone have any experience with this or any advice?

edited to say I'm not pregnant... checked already lol

Replies

• Papillon22
    Papillon22 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    Are you working out every day? I had to drop workouts to 4 times a week because I really need to rest in between. Now I notice that when I do workout, I'm able to do it properly because I'm not exhausted. Just a suggestion.
  • Carol_L
    Carol_L Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Have you had your thyroid checked? Fatigue is one of the symptoms so you may want ot look into this.
  • helenrosemay
    helenrosemay Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Looking at your food diary, you eat a lot of processed foods. Try eating more fruit and veggies. Also in September you ate plenty of protein, but not so much now, so try upping that when you workout. And I notice days when you don't fill in your diary, so try logging everything again and be more consistent so you can see what you're eating when you feel tired.
  • willdob3
    willdob3 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Also...are you getting 8 hours sleep per night?

I can be doing everything else right but, if I don't get enough quality sleep, I will become fatigued. I do not lose much fat when I am not getting 8 hrs sleep. Sleep is a lot more important for my fat loss than exercise.
  • weaving2fast
    weaving2fast Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Protein is the key. Being tired seems to a common subject and I seem to be a member of that club. Black coffee might help!
  • lessofme43
    lessofme43 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I have been battling that too. Had blood tests done by dr and found I was low on iron, so started supplements a few weeks ago. I've been told it may take awhile to feel more energy, but to stick with it. Do you take any vitamin or mineral supplements? Vitamin b12 goes a long way for daytime energy, calcium-magnesium is great for 'calming' and I've found it makes a difference in the quality of my sleep, especially since I have restless legs at night.
  • lessofme43
    Options
    I also have really benefitted from probiotics (acidophylis) in the past and just started it up again to boost my immunity. If you have been on any antibiotics recently you need to rebuild the good bacteria in your body as they were flushed out with the bad.
  • gabbygirl78
    gabbygirl78 Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    i do need blood work done.. I know I have Thyroid problems . I am on medication for this though. Maybe it needs to be adjusted. I have often thought I may be anemic... I have been so cold lately. I have been eating a lot of frozen meals lately and I know I need to stop. I'm trying to eat more fruit and veggies. Trying to cut out fast food as much as possible from now on because I know that is way to much sodium in my diet and I retain a scary amount of fluid ALL the time. I understand the phrase "I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired" now lol!

ETS; Thanks for your comments I take all advice and research my options! :flowerforyou:
  • helenrosemay
    helenrosemay Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    i do need blood work done.. I know I have Thyroid problems . I am on medication for this though. Maybe it needs to be adjusted. I have often thought I may be anemic... I have been so cold lately. I have been eating a lot of frozen meals lately and I know I need to stop. I'm trying to eat more fruit and veggies. Trying to cut out fast food as much as possible from now on because I know that is way to much sodium in my diet and I retain a scary amount of fluid ALL the time. I understand the phrase "I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired" now lol!

ETS; Thanks for your comments I take all advice and research my options! :flowerforyou:

Maybe next time mention the Thyroid problem in the beginning, we were all spending time trying to figure out how to help you without all the relevant information, just an fyi for future reference.
  • gabbygirl78
    gabbygirl78 Posts: 936 Member
    Options

Maybe next time mention the Thyroid problem in the beginning, we were all spending time trying to figure out how to help you without all the relevant information, just an fyi for future reference.

I didn't mention that because i am already on medication for that... maybe the dose needs to be adjusted .. I was trying to explain that I have thyroid problems therefore I know what to look for with that.... I was mainly trying to see if someone else has the same symptoms and get some thoughts on pro biotics... sorry if I wasted your time.:noway:
  • lessofme43
    Options
    It could be a good guess that your thyroid meds need adjusting, wouldn't your weight loss have an effect on dosage? Also, just plain old losing weight is a shock to your system (at least it was to mine) makes it go scrambly for a bit I think...