On Good Morning America News today...

Options
'Hot' Mom Defends Sexy Photo Against Facebook Hate
URL:
http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/hot-mom-defends-sexy-photo-facebook-hate-20585381

OK so this mom is getting a lot of hate about how fit she is with 3 children. What do you all think?

I see both sides...

I feel like it sets just another unrealistic idea of how women can look after having a baby. At the same time- Good for her for working hard...

Replies

• Leadfoot_Lewis
    Leadfoot_Lewis Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    People need to get a life....seriously.

So she's had 3 kids and is in great shape. And this is a problem because???
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    URL:
    http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/hot-mom-defends-sexy-photo-facebook-hate-20585381

OK so this mom is getting a lot of hate about how fit she is with 3 children. What do you all think?

I see both sides...

I feel like it sets just another unrealistic idea of how women can look after having a baby. At the same time- Good for her for working hard...

Why is it unrealistic that a woman who has had 3 kids and worked her tush off wants to show others it is possible? I don't see it as unrealistic at all, but as a strong message to women that the only things to hold them back is themselves.

Also....this has already been talked about for like 2 weeks on the chit chat board.
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Didn't we discuss this at length yesterday?
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    URL:

I see both sides...

Why it is unrealistic. I applaud her for what she is able to accomplished. We as women need to realize that as a wife, mother, sister etc, we need to make time for ourselves, even if means that one day a week the children have sandwiches or cereal for dinner. It is not going to kill them, but guess what if allow you the chance to do something for yourself instead of taking care of everyone.
  • Kita328
    Kita328 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I think the issue is mostly that she is shaming other mom's... by saying "Whats your excuse?"
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options

and allllll this morning :yawn:
    who cares?...what's my excuse?...none of your business :blushing: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Kita328
    Options

I didnt- So don't reply if you talked about it already!
  • cleotherio
    cleotherio Posts: 712 Member
    Options

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1117648-why-is-this-even-remotely-controversial
  • Leadfoot_Lewis
    Options

Well I was on here yesterday and somehow missed it.
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    I think the issue is mostly that she is shaming other mom's... by saying "Whats your excuse?"
    How different is it from:
    excuses-lets-hear-yours-again.jpg
    or
    Shes-82-Years-old-300x300.png
    or
    Whats+Your+Excuse.JPG

Because it is a women who had kids the message is some form of shaming?
  • cleotherio
    cleotherio Posts: 712 Member
    Options
  • Kita328
    Options
    How different is it from:
    excuses-lets-hear-yours-again.jpg
    or
    Shes-82-Years-old-300x300.png
    or
    Whats+Your+Excuse.JPG

Because it is a women who had kids the message is some form of shaming?

Very good point.
    I agree those are somehow ok but she isn't that doesnt make sense... HMMMmmMmm.
  • Leadfoot_Lewis
    Options

Honestly can't say I've ever posted in the "Chit-Chat" section. No wonder I missed it.
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options

Public forum.
    You can't dictate who replies to your post or not.
  • Escape_Artist
    Escape_Artist Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Why is it unrealistic that a woman who has had 3 kids and worked her tush off wants to show others it is possible? I don't see it as unrealistic at all, but as a strong message to women that the only things to hold them back is themselves.

Also....this has already been talked about for like 2 weeks on the chit chat board.

This 100%

Haters gonna hate. It reminds me of that pregnant crossfitter that got so much hate on FB because she was lifting heavy while pregnant. Being pregnant or having kids to take care of is just another excuse IMO

And I'm also pretty sure there are other posts about it here somewhere..
  • Kita328
    Options
    Honestly can't say I've ever posted in the "Chit-Chat" section. No wonder I missed it.
    [/quote]

LOL I know right... Never been there...
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

who for you?

so you realistically won't work that hard. that's fine- that's your choice.
    I don't know why it's any of your business if she or anyone else does.

My solution to this problem?

don't have crumbsnatchers to start with- easy peasy lemon sqeezy.

LOL you can't MAKE someone feel shame. You can try- but shame isn't an emotion generated by another person.
    "What's your excuse?" is a question. The shame is an emotion you feel (I would assume) based on if you have an answer or not. Only you know the truth to that or not.
    I work 4 jobs AND I work out- AND my BF is an out of town relationship- I literally SCHEDULE him into my life.

people tell me they are too busy all the time. They aren't- it's just an excuse. And that's fine- when you are ready you are ready. But otherwise- it's just an excuse.
  • Timmmy40
    Timmmy40 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with it. Everyone has an excuse not to exercise and eat right. I don't have time. I have kids. I work late. Blah. Blah. Blah!!! One time I got, it must be nice to be able to exercise. You have to make time to exercise. How bad do you want it? Stop making excuses. What is your excuse?? Get over yourself!!
  • mntracker
    mntracker Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I just watched it, I applaud her! It's not easy working out day after day. There are a lot of days I don't want to work out, but if I don't have a damn good excuse, I go. I always feel better after a good workout.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    in...for the MILF's...