150 Calories a Pint ONLY!!!

Options
There is a new ice cream called Artic Zero and it is only 150 calories for an entire pint SCORE!!! here is the website and it is sold in walmarts and local stores. http://www.arcticzero.com/store/150-Calorie-Pints

Replies

• marypatmccue
    marypatmccue Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I'll stick with my delicious, amazing, full fat and calorie ice cream any day... IIFYM!
  • ladynocturne
    ladynocturne Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I've tried several of the flavors, they are really icy and kinda weird. In hindsight, I'd rather just save up my calories and eat some real gelato or ice cream.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Tastes like frozen, water soaked, cardboard.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Or I can just keep fitting in my 270 calorie per serving gelato daily.
  • 902sexxi
    902sexxi Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    This had a weird grainy texture. Did not like. Poster above summed it up precisely! Frozen water soaked cardboard!
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options

Haagen Dazs Salted Caramel FTMFW
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Yeah i will stick to my Breyer's Chocolate Reese's Cup Ice cream... It is so worth fitting it in to my caloric intake...
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Isn't anything REAL anymore?? I bet it tastes like crap!
  • Achrya
    Options

Haagen Dazs Salted Caramel FTMFW

I'm all about that stracciatella but salted caramel is a close second on my favorite list.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Man I thought this was about beer... :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I've tried several of the flavors, they are really icy and kinda weird. In hindsight, I'd rather just save up my calories and eat some real gelato or ice cream.

I could see them tasting icy since water is the primary ingredient. I'm not a big ice cream eater, but I do like the Skinny Cow or Weight Watchers ice cream sandwiches occasionally. They are about the same calories as this, though not for a pint.
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    1. not new.
    2. disgusting.
    3. expensive.

I'll eat the real stuff thanks
  • ladynocturne
    ladynocturne Posts: 865 Member
    Options

I could see them tasting icy since water is the primary ingredient. I'm not a big ice cream eater, but I do like the Skinny Cow or Weight Watchers ice cream sandwiches occasionally. They are about the same calories as this, though not for a pint.

I agree, the skinny cow ice cream treats taste really good and are easy to fit into ones calorie budget. The Trader joe's Soy creamy's are also really good, I think they are re-branded tofutties. I know soy ice cream isn't "real" but I honestly can't tell the difference except that I don't get all stuffed up in my nose from eating them.
  • Nouurann
    Nouurann Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Alright guys lets not rain on her parade! If self control is an issue, stuff like artic zero is GREAT. I've never tasted it, so I wouldn't know if it's good but It could help some people curb cravings and feel like they aren't on a diet if they can eat a large portion yet still not exceed calorie goals. Sometimes a serving of real ice cream doesn't fulfill people cause of the half cup serving. So congrats on your discovery :-)
  • kjoy_
    kjoy_ Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    actually, there are lawsuits pending against Arctic Zero because their flavors contain up to 68% more calories than stated on the label.

http://www.today.com/id/48596412/ns/today-today_news/t/rossen-reports-can-you-believe-diet-frozen-dessert-labels/#.Ul7W7VBkOSp

read here and tread carefully. That 150 calorie pint could be closer to 300 and that really adds up.
  • Achrya
    Options
    actually, there are lawsuits pending against Arctic Zero because their flavors contain up to 68% more calories than stated on the label.

http://www.today.com/id/48596412/ns/today-today_news/t/rossen-reports-can-you-believe-diet-frozen-dessert-labels/#.Ul7W7VBkOSp

read here and tread carefully. That 150 calorie pint could be closer to 300 and that really adds up.

Might as well have real ice cream at that point. Slow churned vanilla from Dryers/Eddys is only 100 cals for a half cup, so 200 for a whole cup. Plenty satisfying and no law suits pending.
  • IamUndrCnstruction
    IamUndrCnstruction Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    I thought it tasted a bit like a frozen protein shake...not gross, but not good either. I did like something I found at Whole Paycheck called Almond Dream or something like that, more calories, but way better taste.
  • brentbarrie
    brentbarrie Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    Blue Bunny for me, but it is made with Splenda :/
  • debrag12
    debrag12 Posts: 1,071 Member
    Options

So did I, I've never heard a serving of ice cream being called pint before.
  • brynnsmom
    brynnsmom Posts: 945 Member
    Options

Same here!