Just joined

Options
Hi,
I've just joined. I have done WW, Jenny Craig, high protein, low fat, blah blah blah. Still have trouble. I gained 30 lbs since my divorce 2 years ago and I've had trouble losing it. I used to be quite active (jogging anyway), but I don't have the energy anymore.

Does anyone ever wonder if they are self-sabotaging and really, deep down don't want to lose weight? I know it sounds Dr. Phil-ish, but I wonder if I am afraid to date so I stay heavy.

Also, all the info on the web about diet and exercise is confusing - high protein, low carb, many small meals, no sugar - do cardio, do weights. I just don't know what to do anymore. I really liked Dr. Fuhrman's eat to live, but I have found it really difficult to follow. I try to be vegan, but then I'm invited to a bbq and I eat meat. Maybe I've given myself too many food rules.

Sorry for rambling. I just wanted to say hi. I am going to do this using mini-goals of 5 pounds....first goal is 175, then 170, 165, etc...

Replies

• Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    Welcome! The nice thing about here is all those things and more are discussed. We are all looking for balance. My approach is just trying to find my balance and not restrict or demonize any food (except maybe trans fats). My approach has been to take small steps. 1. Start logging everything you eat. 2. try to stay in my calorie goals (1pound deficit) 3. Start exercising 15 minutes,3days a week - increasing slowly to match my schedule 4. Start paying attention to macros (carbs/protein/fat) The preset protein number is a bit low I found it better to eat around 25% protein and lower carbs to 45%. Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • jenv582
    Options
    I know exactly what you're going through. I too went through a rough divorce and have struggled with knowing what's best to eat. I've been trying to lose weight for years. I am 5'5", medium build, but on the more muscular side (I have thick legs). I was always quite thin as a child even though I ate very unhealthy and huge portions. I was so active and had such a high metabolism that I never gained weight. When I turned 20 and took a sedentary office job, it all caught up with me. In less than a year, I went from 120 to 150 lbs. My weight yo-yoed from about 145-155 over the years and at 27, prior to my pregnancy, I had managed to get down to about 140. I gained 80 pounds when I was pregnant and on the day she was born I weighed 220. I didn't even look like me and didn't want to even be in any pictures. I lost a good share of the weight quickly but I settled in around 170. Over the next 3 years, through extreme deprivation and limitations, I was able to lose 10 pounds fairly quickly, but as soon as I let my guard down and ate what I wanted, I gained it all back. After doing this many times, I finally got serious and after 2 months of hard work, I got down to 165 and kept it off. I felt so restricted and deprived though. After struggling for so long with such little success, I turned to my Facebook friends for advice. A friend from high school recommended a natural supplement containing bee pollen. It's called insane amp'd, made by Bella Vi. I've never been one for quick fixes or shortcuts. I'm of the school of thought that any big accomplishments will require a big effort. I was skeptical and reluctant to try it but I was desperate and it's not sold as a diet pill. It detoxes, is a natural appetite suppressant, and gives you a huge boost of energy. I noticed the effects the first day. I've always drank soda (diet). That morning I got my soda and took a few sips and had to dump the rest out. I haven't had any since (4 months). I've never been able to drink enough water but this changed on day one as well. I couldn't get enough water. I've always had a sweet tooth and 99% of the time, it's the thing that has ruined my diet. The bee pollen killed my sweet tooth. I still enjoy the occasional sweets, but I don't crave it like I used to. Since starting bee pollen 4 months ago, I've gone from 165 lbs, size 10-12 to 130, size 4. I can't recommend this stuff enough! I don't feel deprived and most of the time I have to remind myself to eat because I'm never hungry. I still have a little more to lose but I'm optimistic. My advice is don't deprive yourself. When you do, you set yourself up for failure. When you're craving something, it's most likely because your body is lacking something. If you deny it too long, when you do finally indulge, you're likely to go overboard and eat too much because; number 1, you've been wanting it so long and number 2, your body is most like severely deficient of the nutrient that caused you to have the craving in the first place. I would also recommend you try bee pollen. I honestly didn't expect these results. I purposely did not read any of the expected effects of the product so as to avoid the placebo effect. It does all that it claims to and more. I hope this helps you and best of luck!
    12665980.png