Is it a good protein whey?

Options
Hello,

I have tasted this protein whey lately at a friend's house and realllly enjoyed the taste! Finally found a protein powder I actually enjoy!

By looking at what it has to offer (I really don't know much about powder...I just drink it and that's all!) can you let me know if it's a good pre/post workout product since I want to do things right once and for all!

Thanks in advance!

Amino Acid Profile

Alanine 1235mg
Arginine 948mg
Aspartic Acid 2892mg
Cystine 473mg
Glutamine (as Glutamic Acid) 3800mg
Glycine 526mg
Histidine 500mg
Isoleucine 1400mg
Leucine 3100mg
Lysine 2417mg
Methionine 578mg
Phenylalanine 920mg
Proline 1340mg
Serine 1467mg
Threonine 1446mg
Tryptophan 762mg
Tyrosine 998mg
Valine 1340mg

NUTRITIONAL FACTS
Serving Size 1 Scoop (36g)
Servings Per Container: 70
Amount Per Serving
Calories 134 k/cal
Calories From Fat 17
Total Fat 2g
Saturated Fat 0g
† Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 31mg
Sodium 48mg
Total Carbohydrate 5g
Dietary Fiber 1g
Sugars 3g
Protein 24g

Ingredients: High Nitrogen Protein Blend (Ultra Filtered Whey Protein Concentrate, Microfiltrated Whey Protein Isolate, Micellar Casein, Tuarine, Glutamine) Natural And Artificial Flavor, Dutch Process Cocoa. Maltrodextrin, And Acesulfame Potassium.

Replies

• jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    What do you need it to do?
  • mel_2812
    mel_2812 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Feed my muscles?

I'm quite new to all this, trying to read as much as I can...
    I read that protein is needed to feed my muscles and burn my fat...

So...feed my muscles and burn the fat?

Oh boy, I have so much to learn still... :/
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Feed my muscles?

I'm quite new to all this, trying to read as much as I can...
    I read that protein is needed to feed my muscles and burn my fat...

So...feed my muscles and burn the fat?

Oh boy, I have so much to learn still... :/

OK, lets start with the basics then...

Nutrient timing is fairly insignificant in the bigger picture. Do you have a good handle on your calorie intake? Appropriate macros? Exercise? Rest/sleep? If not, focus on those first as they will be responsible for the vast majority of your success or failure.

Protein supplements can go a long way with helping you hit your protein goals, but ideally you'll want to get as much of your protein from real food as possible (not from supplements). If you struggle to hit your protein goal, then a supplement is perfectly reasonable. If you don't, then it's unnecessary.

All this nonsense about feeding your muscles and getting protein within an hour of your workout is about 5% truth and 95% marketing hype.

As far as burning fat goes, a protein supplement won't help with that. Exercise can, but it's mostly about diet and patience.