What did you want to be when you grew up???

Options
I wanted to be a teacher. I ended up being an administrative assistant. Funny how getting pregnant at 19 changed it all.

So were your childhood job plans accurate??

Replies

• simplycorey
    simplycorey Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    I wanted to be a photographer since I was about 10 and I have been a professional now for 9 years. :)
  • AprilMae1975
    Options
    I wanted to be a photographer since I was about 10 and I have been a professional now for 9 years. :)

That's awesome :smile:
  • simplycorey
    simplycorey Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    And getting pregnant at a young age doesn't always have to change things. I had my first at 18 and just had to put my goals on hold a bit. :)
  • BurningAway
    Options
    I wanted to be a Vet, now im working on becoming a nurse practioner.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    I wanted to be a Chef for as long as I can remember, but life had other plans. However, I retire in 3 years and my wife and I are moving to Vegas so I can enroll at Culinary school. I may never work as a Chef, but I will cook like one.
  • AprilMae1975
    Options
    And getting pregnant at a young age doesn't always have to change things. I had my first at 18 and just had to put my goals on hold a bit. :)

Yep, one day I will get to go to college. I might be old but I will do it!
  • AprilMae1975
    Options
    I wanted to be a Chef for as long as I can remember, but life had other plans. However, I retire in 3 years and my wife and I are moving to Vegas so I can enroll at Culinary school. I may never work as a Chef, but I will cook like one.

That is so cool!!
  • djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    Options
    I wanted to be a teacher. I ended up being an administrative assistant. Funny how getting pregnant at 19 changed it all.

I wanted to be an astronaught. Went to college to get my electrical engineering degree with the intention of going into the marines as a pilot, hoping I could eventually get on as a pilot at NASA. Funny how knocking up my girlfriend and getting married senior year of college changed that lol. But at least I still got the engineering degree, a great career, and two fantastic kids. Just had to get rid of their mom :-)
  • RN514
    RN514 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    I wanted to be a nurse since I was 7. Corny? Yes. But truthful! :)
  • Fit_NYC_
    Fit_NYC_ Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    I wanted to be a nurse since I was 7. Corny? Yes. But truthful! :)

Awesome! I wish I had that focus.

I never settled on anything... now I sit behind a desk all day.. oh well.
  • A_nonymous2
    A_nonymous2 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I wanted to be a stock broker. did that. now i just want to be a lottery winner but I don't play.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    I wanted to be an English teacher, and I am one. I will be going for the PhD next year. Still working on that novel I have been planning for years though. I have an entire file cabinet of mental notes. lol.
  • SugarBaby71
    SugarBaby71 Posts: 3,630 Member
    Options
    I wanted to be a ballerina... but I could never convince my mom to put my in dance. I then wanted to be a lawyer...

I'm in sales.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    I wanted to be a famous artist or an astronaut.

Now I sit at a desk and work on databases all day. I still make creative, artistic things, but mostly just for me now.
  • k8eekins
    k8eekins Posts: 2,264 Member
    Options

Not quite for me - I'd crossed all that via entirely different facets of my life, well removed from anything as official, as I'd assumed would've been most likely. I'd continued with my Languages throughout thinking to someday attach myself via the United Nations as a verbatim-translator, precis-writer, etc when and if there was to be a life-changing need for a fresh start (eg after a divorce).

Instead - Law, Media, Broadcasting & Communications, Banking & Finance/Business Management were combined dominants within the one facet of my life (defining me at that juncture) other than the subsequent developed areas I'd happened upon by circumstance, expanded and further diversified me to this day.
  • Jessica1173
    Jessica1173 Posts: 62 Member
    Options

I wanted to be an author, an archeologist, and a marine biologist. I figured out I had no writing ability in elementary school, so I crossed that off my list. Not living near the ocean changed my goal of being a marine biologist. I still think I would like anthropology/archeology. I like the classes I have taken in both subjects.
  • Mobilemuscle
    Mobilemuscle Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    a bodybuilder since I was about 9... before that I dont know
  • bloominheck
    bloominheck Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I wanted to be a Vet, now im working on becoming a nurse practioner.

Me too. I am working on something close to it. Good luck on your NP, one of my bf is a NP and she is awesome!:drinker:
  • heylookitsval
    heylookitsval Posts: 1,141 Member
    Options
    Coroner...I dream big.
  • Rooooose
    Rooooose Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    As a child, I wanted to be a dinosaur for a long time...
    Now I study medicine and I am quite happy with that too ;)