Commando!!!

Ok, so I am wondering what kinds of workout panties are you really supposed to wear?! I had been looking up some things online and noticed a lot of women saying they work out without panties. I am doing lots of cardio and I sweat A LOT and tend to get itchy after working out and I am wondering if it's a problem with my workout pants teamed with cotton panties. What do you wear and is there anything other than a shower afterwards and powder before that can help with this problem? Can someone explain what are wickening panties? Really do you go commando?

Replies

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    simple solutions for non complex problems
    <<stop doing so much cardio>>

:D

I NEVER wear undewear- the wind up all in my butt in ways that aren't healthy. NOPE. NO THANK YOU. I hate panty lines- and I hate shorts.

I wear capris pants that are fully fitted and that's all there is to that.

I shower almost immediately (within the hour- depending on if I'm hanging out chit chatting- have to go run errands or deal with a cleaning up mess at home)

it's not a crisis- this topic has been covered before- it's wildly amusing at the number of people who freak out about going commando. it's about a million times better so I have no idea why. LOL

Wear ones that fit if you are going to wear them- that's allI can say! LOL
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    More power to the naked fluffy boos, but I couldn't imagine NOT having something between the ol' legs without excellent mopping and wicking capacity just the thought of the inevitable thigh chafe makes this lady cross her legs. I like em cotton and extra absorbent.

Girl if you sweat and you rub no shame in having a panty line.
  • NaomiLyn15
    NaomiLyn15 Posts: 388 Member
    I buy well fitted capris and definitely go commando. No chance of riding up or discomfort. Just do it. It'll probably stop the issues you are having.
  • If I'm in running shorts I don't wear undies.
    But in Capris and yoga pants or when running I wear underarmour ones, target also makes a great knock off brand. Or even the Victoria secret yoga ones.
    Cotton apparently is bad to wear and carries and hold onto bacteria, and apparently the more spandex the more wicking and less fungus sticks around.

But don't hold me to that statement.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    More power to the naked fluffy boos, but I couldn't imagine NOT having something between the ol' legs without excellent mopping and wicking capacity just the thought of the inevitable thigh chafe makes this lady cross her legs. I like em cotton and extra absorbent.

you can't chafe if it's fitted.

just saying.
  • Yes, commando is the way to go if you are wearing yoga pants or anything even close to yoga pants. Just make sure they are well-fitted and bend over often in front of the menz. You won't even notice you are sweating when you see them peeking at your commando self. :happy:
  • Saucy_lil_Minx
    Saucy_lil_Minx Posts: 3,302 Member
    I have done both. I wear undies with my semi-fitted workout pants, but I make sure they are micro-fiber (they pull moisture away from your skin). My fitted capris have built-in panels, and so I go without. I do panic a little that i will get the butt sweat crease, but honestly when I am working out that hard I don't care as long as I'm comfy :blushing: ! Do what your comfortable with.
  • Thanks for all the input so far . . I had never thought about going commando (I don't have a problem with it just so used to always wearing panties) . . I had a pair of adidas shorts with built in underware and I thought it was kind of weird so that's what got me looking into this issue and well feeling itchy. Even my fitted capris make my legs feel itchy from the sweat. I always shower right after a workout. I think maybe I should try those shorts and NOT wear undies with them and see if there is a difference!! Before I started MFP, I never worked out nor was I active enough to even think about purchasing any kind of workout gear so I was clueless that you could even have this issue. 39618610.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member

you can't chafe if it's fitted.

just saying.

IDK my chafing ability is pretty amazing
  • I feel ya!! I can chafe like a mofo, too!! That's why I use powder it helps.
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    I wear 100% cotton thongs for all workouts.
  • PJ_73
    PJ_73 Posts: 331 Member
    Commando all the way!!