Any successes today?

Options
pcaakes
pcaakes Posts: 33 Member
:flowerforyou:

I think its important to acknowledge small successes as well as big successes together and to encourage one another. I'm excited because I am on day 7 of exercising. I struggle wih commiting to exercise and making it a way of life, so I am trying to do something each day, even if its only a walk around the block. I would love to hear your successes as well.

Replies

• cjmcmillan
    cjmcmillan Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I ran 6.25 miles to today and I reached 99 pounds lost!
  • jollyjoe321
    jollyjoe321 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Didn't go to the gym and didn't feel guilty.

Result ;)
  • maQmIgh
    maQmIgh Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Did a 4 mile run today in 46 minutes (the time it normally takes me to run/walk a 3 mile route)

The success was.... for the first time in my entire life...

I ran for 3 miles none stop :D

Its not a lot to some people.. but I'm absolutely astounded and proud of the accomplishment... bring on the next 3 mile!!! :D
  • mrsamanda86
    mrsamanda86 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Ran a mile straight for the third time, shaved about 10 seconds off my previous time. It's not a fluke, I can actually run for a mile and not feel like I'm going to die afterwards! lol yay!
  • PJ_73
    PJ_73 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I managed to do a 25kg squat! My first time, so I was pretty happy!
  • Georgexx92
    Georgexx92 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I actually stayed within my calorie limits today! It meant turning down that extra bit of garlic bread but I'm super proud :)
  • Mythril
    Mythril Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I ran today. I'm 310 lbs (give or take) and I was afraid to do it but I did it. I ran intervals (beginning c25k) for 22.51 minutes before my ankles and hips began to ache and I called it quits to prevent injury. And you know what? Imma do it again on Friday! And squat tomorrow. :)
  • StacieAAdams
    StacieAAdams Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I am pretty happy because I didn't do too bad today foodwise. I stayed pretty healthy, and stuck to my lunch that I brought, a salad, rather than eating something else that is bad for me and more filling. And I stayed pretty active all day. Oh, and I drank enough water for the first time ever!!!!! :)
  • TheTruthAtAnyCost
    TheTruthAtAnyCost Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    My neighbour brought over a plate of home baked goods she called "Chocolate Crack" and I told her to gtfo.

Hahah. Not really, but I did turn them down, something I would have NEVER done before.
  • haymancm
    haymancm Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Walked & ran 7 miles! Plus, I didn't go over on my calories!!! = I had no mozz sticks!!! mmmm
  • anlu37
    anlu37 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I'm not a runner. I actually hate it. But I have a goal: to run a mile faster than I have in my whole life. In the last 2.5 months, I've run one mile three times. The first time was 13:37. Second time was 13:01. 4 weeks later (today), my time was 11:07. I couldn't believe it. Totally crushed it! I still have a long way to go, but the progress over the last two and a half months has shocked me. YAY!

27508099.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • guessrs
    guessrs Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I ran 5 miles easy and had fun in the sun!
  • bellaiabello
    Options
    - binge-free for 10 days and counting (for reference, my prior best for the last 3 years has been 5 days)
    - running without pain is possible again (also hasn't happened in the last year)
    - under 70kg as of this morning (almost 9kg lost!!)
  • brokenlogic18
    brokenlogic18 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Decided to forgo my 10 minute bus journey to work and made it a 40 minute walk :)
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Been helping people with advice on exercise and nutrition, that counts right? pay it forward as such.

I lift again in a few hours, leg day=yay!
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I accomplished everything on my list today...except for the papaya. It wasn't ripe yet. :drinker:
  • withoutaname
    withoutaname Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Boyfriend keeps commenting on me looking different and asking about my progress, which makes me happy cos I know it's working.
    And although technically not today but I finally joined a gym that was offering a really good promotion (after weeks of trialling different ones) AND the other day I fit into a top that I couldn't squeeze my arms into a few months back. :)
  • nikkiclaire123
    Options
    yesterday i ran my second 10km ever and didnt feel like i was going to die. today my body aches but im nearly a pound lighter
  • StrawMouse
    StrawMouse Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    This morning, I was precisely half way to my goal weight - to the tenth of a pound!
  • birdkns
    Options
    I have struggled with weight loss every since I have had kids. I am trying a life style change. I set my mind to that thought, not diet. I fail every time with dieting. So far, I have lost 4# in 1 week. I am on week 2. I have got to do this....
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!