Just bought a food scale...

Options
And I'm so excited! I've been putting it off forever (mainly because I live with 4 other people and didn't want them to think it was super weird), but I was at Target today grocery shopping and just had to get one. I already had a dinner planned, and once I weighed all those ingredients out I started weighing everything else haha. Luckily it seems like I've been close to accurate with my basic things like pasta and meat. I've even been overestimating with meat it seems. I've been avoiding things like peanut butter recently because I know it's so common to overestimate even with the measuring cups, so I'm interested to see how that goes.

I'm actually disappointed that I have some big eating events coming up this weekend that I am planning on enjoying (major home football game, state fair, going to my parents' house) because I absolutely love cooking and am excited to be able to weigh everything now! Maybe I'm just a weirdo :) Anyone else just love their scale?

Replies

• FrauHaas2013
    FrauHaas2013 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Yes, I love mine, also!!! You could do a Google search - I know I found some sort of graphic that showed you correct portion sizes using your palm, fist, and thumb...if you're worried when you're out. You can eyeball what you're eating, at least.

I've been using my scale for about a month and have gotten pretty good at estimating the things that I eat a lot of.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    I love my scale as well :)
    I was surprised to see I was overestimating cereal (especially when I got down to the crumbs near the bottom of the bag), and underestimating ice cream!