Little Help With the elliptical machine

Options
I cannot understand what I'm doing wrong I'm able to walk on the tredmill for 30 mins or more but when I try to get on the elliptical machine I only last 5 mins and my legs are tired I've tried getting on the elliptical machine first and the same thing happens

Replies

• judilockwood
    judilockwood Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Me too, I can keep going for over on the treadmill, but on the Elliptical I just give up too soon - dont feel coordinated and it makes my knees hurt, I dont seem to burn the calories either. I'll stick to the treadmill for now x
  • LosingItForGood13
    LosingItForGood13 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I know It made me feel like I was out of shape which I am but lol :laugh:
  • cjohn2278
    cjohn2278 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    That's funny...I'm the opposite...i can rock out on the elliptical for 60minutes plus, hard and at a high resistance, but then I get on the tredmill I have the hardest time...when I first started the C25K I could barely do the 3 minute runs!! I am slowly able to increase my workouts on the tredmill but it has taken all of the 7 weeks I have been on the program...but there is still no way that I could do the same level of intensity on the tredmill that I am able to do on the elliptical !
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    Just stick to it. Add a minute each time, then finish with the treadmill if you must. Over time, you'll get more comfortable (coordinated) and be able to get in a full session.
  • redladywitch
    redladywitch Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I find that I can use the recumbent elliptical for a longer amount of time. It's a sit down version of the regular elliptical.
  • JMaxwell52
    Options
    Could be your technique. Try going slow with little resistance and work your way up. Keeping it at a comfortable pace at first will help you establish some muscle memory before tacking more resistance or speed.