Opinions on Sweeteners

Options
cosmicgirl64
cosmicgirl64 Posts: 16 Member
Hi guys,

Just wondering what people's views on sweeteners are. Personally, I don't eat ANYTHING with artificial sweetener, even those "natural" ones like stevia. I can't find any unbiased articles about them though. How natural can they be if they're a pile of white powder? I always substitute sweetener with palm sugar or honey

Replies

• ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    I dont mind the non nutritive sweetners although some give headaches. IDK guess we'll all find out in 50yrs who was right and who was wrong.
  • litoria
    litoria Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    yep, I do my best to avoid that level of processed food. I'd rather just taste the food as it is without a truckload of chemical thrown at it! not everything has to be sweet...
  • EHisCDN
    EHisCDN Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I don't eat them. They just taste bad to me. I'm also not a huge fan of processed foods in general.
  • piratesaregrand
    piratesaregrand Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I'm a diabetic with a sweet tooth. I don't care what artificial sweetener is used as long as what I'm eating is sweet.

Been this way for 20 year, have 3 monthly full check ups, no issues here.
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    Hi guys,

Just wondering what people's views on sweeteners are. Personally, I don't eat ANYTHING with artificial sweetener, even those "natural" ones like stevia. I can't find any unbiased articles about them though. How natural can they be if they're a pile of white powder? I always substitute sweetener with palm sugar or honey

I like to use Raw Cane Sugar, Honey, Palm Sugar and sometimes for particular native dishes ~ I will extract the juices of certain plants for a specific dish or a fruit based syrup.
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    Artifical sweetners always left an odd,off taste in my mouth.So when the Dr told me to avoid them,as they might bring on migraines.

Sure works for me,migraines have become few & far between. Not a problem for me. I use regular sugar,measured.