How "naughty" should you be?

Options

Replies

• AprilEternity
    AprilEternity Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I can spend entire vacations being relaxed about how I eat. But then I can comfortably go months without cheating.
    Each to their own I guess

Has anyone ever told you, you look like Jeffree Star?
  • Jill_newimprovedversion
    Options
    Naughty? if I have to use this term to describe what I'm doing, then I've already crossed
    a line that I drew myself.

One thing I'm STILL learning is to disassociate myself from the emotional attachment to food...

and I don't *reward* myself with food
    or *punish* myself for being "bad"
    I'm not a dog.

But one thing I'd suggest to anyone- make this a doable lifestyle you can maintain the rest of your life.
    While I was trying to drop the excess weight, I steered clear of things that would tempt me to overeat.
    Once I get back into maintenance mode, I'll be better able to eat them in moderation.
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    I can spend entire vacations being relaxed about how I eat. But then I can comfortably go months without cheating.
    Each to their own I guess

Has anyone ever told you, you look like Jeffree Star?

Legit flattered. Thanks x :D
  • l0l0p
    l0l0p Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Yes :explode: it with only one meal a day once in a week or if it's too much....Once in a month on that whichever special occasion>>> Life's Pure Indulgence!:drinker:
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    my big splurge is going to the brazillian place- it's all you can eat meat... and man- I go ham. it's just a retarded amount of food. I don't care.

Special occasions? I work in a new office- there are special occasions every time you turn around. i switched offices and They have had danishes, cookies, pie, pizza and crap. I've been here two weeks. It's obscene. Seriously- everyone here is fat unless they are chronic cardio people.

it's so gross. they eat constantly. blarg.

No-I have small pieces of stuff that I want and I skip one of my own foods that I brought in- but I pack all my food- and log it first thing so I know where I'm sitting. It's so out of control here. God. ridiculous.
  • p4ulmiller
    p4ulmiller Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    How badly would you deviate from your plan for a special occasion like a birthday or anniversary? One day? One meal? A weekend?

Look. This is a lifestyle change. This is absolutely about changing my habits, for the rest of my life.

Whilst I have a notional plan, that plan includes special occassions, a trip to the pub, the bag of Maltesers I had last night. It all fits within my "plan".

If I get to goal having deprived myself, then what? Do I deprive myself for the rest of my life? Absolutely not.
  • Female_On_Fire
    Female_On_Fire Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I've always given myself a cheat day. As far as vacations, enjoy your time off! I find most vacations that I take involve a lot more walking and swimming than I would do on a workday anyways.
  • amiramakh
    Options
    I don't think that deviate is the right word to use.

I totally believe that programs like myfitnessplan help you get on track for life, so its more as a mini treat. My internship is at a company where we eat out a lot and i have to watch what im ordering. I try to order healthy and stay within my calorie expenditure allowance. I'll have a protein salad for lunch and avoid snacking the afternoon so that I can enjoy a dinner. Split a dessert with friends, that sort of thing. If you're trying to loose weight and you're restricting calories you should give yourself the day to maintain, in other words eat the calories that you burn, therefore having no wait loss but also no weight gain. There's no reason to be totally deprived at events, and lets face it its nice to be able to sit at he table with family and friends and eat with them, you just have to be smart about it.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    as naughty as possible, and in all aspects too.
  • amiramakh
    Options
    Talk about having trouble with control, so do I!

I say that I can eat what I want for one day as long as I stop eating when i feel satiated, and that satiated feeling never comes!

Do you have any tips that I can use?
  • LiminalAscendance
    LiminalAscendance Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    You can be "naughty" ever day if you want..just make sure that you fit it into your calorie deficit for the day..

the other day I had about 100 calories left so I had half serving of ice cream and a few chocolate chip cookie chip thingies...

Sometimes I know that I am going to have pizza or some beers or whatever, so I have less for breakfast and lunch and just fit it into my day....IMO this is better than the "cheat" meal mentality where you just gorge/blow out on foods for a day and then try to go back to normal patterns....

that is my two cents....

A whole half-serving of ice cream? You're a wild man!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    For me, it really depends. Usually, I'd just indulge in the cake and snacks or dinner at the party and then get back on track. But if we decided to go away for the weekend or week or something, there would probably be a little indulging every day. I'm not a binge eater and l like healthy food, so it wouldn't be something crazy that I'd spend the next 2 months getting over. But there might be a pound or two extra at the end of it.

This has always been my life. Gain a few, lose a few.. Keeping a consistent weight is foreign concept to me.
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    Naughty? if I have to use this term to describe what I'm doing, then I've already crossed
    a line that I drew myself.

One thing I'm STILL learning is to disassociate myself from the emotional attachment to food...

I'm not a dog.

But one thing I'd suggest to anyone- make this a doable lifestyle you can maintain the rest of your life.
    While I was trying to drop the excess weight, I steered clear of things that would tempt me to overeat.
    Once I get back into maintenance mode, I'll be better able to eat them in moderation.

^^^ Spot on!!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    You can be "naughty" ever day if you want..just make sure that you fit it into your calorie deficit for the day..

the other day I had about 100 calories left so I had half serving of ice cream and a few chocolate chip cookie chip thingies...

Sometimes I know that I am going to have pizza or some beers or whatever, so I have less for breakfast and lunch and just fit it into my day....IMO this is better than the "cheat" meal mentality where you just gorge/blow out on foods for a day and then try to go back to normal patterns....

that is my two cents....

A whole half-serving of ice cream? You're a wild man!

god a half?

that's what 30 grams? maybe? I think mine is 47 grams a serving- for 150 calories. Yeah no. at least 2 servings.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I'm not a dog.

Meh, different strokes for different folks.

I reward myself with food sometimes. In fact, sometimes I exercise JUST to 'earn' calories for a favorite high calorie food. And if I spend all day weed eating and working outside burning tons of calories, I will absolutely eat a favorite high calorie food that I don't have calories for on a normal day.

And, while I wouldn't use the word "punish", I feel guilty when I overeat. It is this guilt that keeps me from doing it often.

I'm not a dog and doing this doesn't make me feel like one. It just keeps me from being overweight.
  • thekyleo
    thekyleo Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    not really, today's my birthday and I had a peanut butter snickers. that's it
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    Do whatever fits your goals :smile:
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Zero fuarks given.
  • naydene_w
    Options
    I go to WW meetings as well as MFP. I weigh in on Saturday mornings and then go have lunch or buy some special stuff for the evening. I used to go hog wild, with dips and sweets and stuff, and still lost, but am finding that lately even my after meeting meal is healthy, although sometimes go over calories for the day. Last weeks meal was at Cracker Barrel and it was meatloaf and I even brought half home. My splurge had been the mac and cheese that was worth every calorie. So while you can lose by having a cheat meal or day even, I am finding the more I lose, the more I want to not put junk into me.
  • littlesis1962
    littlesis1962 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I work with a registered dietitian and she swears by the 80--20 rule. If you eat well and within your healthy lifestyle choices 80% of the time, you should be okay to play around with the other 20% (common sense rules, of course).