Gift Ideas for Bulking Boyfriend

Options
lebaker310
lebaker310 Posts: 164 Member
3 year anniversary is coming up, which we have never celebrated one before. This year we thought it would be fun. We aren't really big on getting each other gifts. I'm bad at this, the last time I tried to get him a present.. I don't even remember what it was but it probably sucked.

So...He's 25 and he's currently bulking. He's only 2 months in, but he's so dedicated and wants to continue for a long time. Instead of getting him like a watch or something lame, I really want to get him something he will be able to use or will help with his fitness. I'm not looking to spend like a boatload of money on some expensive equipment. He has a gym membership and he just got one of those over the door pull up bars, so he still likes to do things at home when he's bored.

So I was thinking about getting him a nice gym bag and fill it with some fun stuff or maybe a small dumbbell set. The only place I really know to get stuff like that is ****'s.

Any ideas or suggestions? Any cool websites I could shop on?

...seriously anything will help or he will just end up getting something stupid like sexual favors.

Replies

• 2DogsBarking
    Options
    Gym back filled with stuff is the best idea for someone bulking, since there is no one single thing that would make that better.

Does he use supplements? That stuff's crazy expensive, I'd love to get a bunch of supp's for a gift. Same with protein. Some nice work out gloves? New gym shoes? A box of really good protein bars?

One thing I got myself recently is a set of bluetooth headphones for the gym and I freak'in LOVE them, consider that?
  • lebaker310
    Options
    One thing I got myself recently is a set of bluetooth headphones for the gym and I freak'in LOVE them, consider that?

He doesn't listening to music when he works out (he chats with his boyfriends), but I might have to look into those for myself!

I was thinking some preworkouts and protein powder. Thanks for the input!
  • 2DogsBarking
    Options
    He doesn't listening to music when he works out (he chats with his boyfriends), but I might have to look into those for myself!

I was thinking some preworkouts and protein powder. Thanks for the input!

For PWO's consider http://www.musclepharm.com/assault - it's a personal favorite. But if you are buying protein at the same time, some places (especially non-chain) will often have little samples that they'll give you along with your purchase to see if you like other ones as well, everyone seems to react differently
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    Gym bag, tube socks, liquid hand chalk, wrist straps, protein powder, pre workouts

Or 4 whole chickens, boiled, preportioned, and with the weight in grams written on the bags.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
  • Mobilemuscle
    Mobilemuscle Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    first off...sexual favors are NEVER stupid

to your point though....when I was bulking life was all about sleeping and consistently living this mantra

Never run when I could walk
    Never walk when I could stand still
    Never stand still when I could sit
    Never sit when I could lay down
    And when I was laying down make sure to fall asleep

Bulking is ALL about Eating, resting, and heavy training(in that order)So id recommend something to make his life simpler

-Get him a bunch of nice tupperware to store his food in
    -A nice cooler to store his food in
    -a nice big thermos for holding large amounts of milk/juice/etc..
    -new knee wraps, power suit, nice weight belt, APT lifting straps

you get the idea
  • helpfit101
    helpfit101 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    If he doesn't have any buy him creatine, or fish oil. But make sure the fish oil is in sufficient concentrations of EPA/DHA.

Or buy him nice cheese or sausage (depending on which he likes).

If he has trouble making his calories buy him a mass gainer. But don't buy if he likes to eat anyway.
  • whierd
    Options
    A gift card to his favorite supplement store, if you want to go that route. New lifting shoes.

I also like the food containers, cooler, and thermos idea.

Or how about a new workout shirt with his favorite lifting saying printed on it? "DYEL?" "Sexual TRex", etc.
  • 99clmsntgr
    99clmsntgr Posts: 777 Member
    Options

Yep, when in doubt, bj's or itb.

Other than that, supplements.

Or bacon. You can't go wrong with bacon.
  • whierd
    Options

Yep, when in doubt, bj's or itb.

Other than that, supplements.

Or bacon. You can't go wrong with bacon.
    The first sentence should be automatic IMO.
  • Mobilemuscle
    Options
    My spidey senses tell me he already gets plenty of Bj's and full itb privileges

I wouldnt get him supps to be honest.... Im ALWAYS getting asked by new guys what supps I take instead of what foods i eat or what my training routine is....

when i tell young guys I dont take anything but a multivitamin but i NEVER miss a meal/workout/scheduled rest time and i never cheat on my diet I usually get a blank stare and then a "ya, I think im gonna get *insert random worthless kitchen sink prohormone stack*"
  • astronomicals
    astronomicals Posts: 1,537 Member
    Options
    hmmm... lifting shoes, leather weight belt (not some stupid belt that is wider on the back), sweats, compression clothing (mostly for comfort), CamelBack water bottle,

as you can see, I agree that supps are a waste of money

and I second the notion that your should take him to Fogo De Chao.... or texas de brazil or brazzaz or Sal and Carvao or Zed 451...

off topic, but, Fogo De Chao tastes even that much better when I only eat it to reward myself for meeting goals... its beef heaven..
  • astronomicals
    astronomicals Posts: 1,537 Member
    Options
    u can also set him up on MFP if he isnt already... thats free... bulking without tracking is probably always going to be inferior to bulking with tracking, on a person by person case..
  • lebaker310
    Options
    My spidey senses tell me he already gets plenty of Bj's and full itb privileges

touche'

..but your suggestions about containers and such are great! He definitely doesn't eat as much as he should because he's constantly on the run and we both work at night so dinner at home never happens. I feel like an Italian mama always trying to feed him. He doesn't really take any supplements so maybe I should stay clear of that. Protein powder is about it.

and bacon was a given. Everyone likes bacon wrapped in a bow.
  • Mobilemuscle
    Options
    Then get him to track his Kcals

and have him do some research on locking down his macros

If he isnt eating at LEAST 18-20 Kcals per Lb of BM he wont gain like he should...especially@ 25 years old
  • vinzorelli
    Options
    I can't believe nobody mentioned it yet...

43104952_5460.jpg

Get him a wall of Pop Tarts like mine!! ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY ON A BULK!
  • lebaker310
    Options
    Get him some Steroids. Steroids.com - Do this especially if marriage isn't in the cards. You'll better sex for a while, and he'll be in better shape too.

Wow this is really the best suggestion I've got so far! Pfft we weren't gonna have kids anyway! Thank you so much Clameater.
  • Mobilemuscle
    Options
    Get him some Steroids. Steroids.com - Do this especially if marriage isn't in the cards. You'll better sex for a while, and he'll be in better shape too.

Wow this is really the best suggestion I've got so far! Pfft we weren't gonna have kids anyway! Thank you so much Clameater.

Clam is a good bro...lol
  • pawnstarNate
    pawnstarNate Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options

Clam is a good bro...lol

But now if you go roids, at least get him a pump to keep the bulk in all the right places. Otherwise, you'll get disappointed sometime Dow the road. Or so I've read.