I always ruin it at night!!

Options
:explode: I always ruin my good day be eating at night!!! It's anxiety eating! I am so sick and tired of this! :cry:
My calories are good throughout the day. But I over eat after 9:00!! EVERY TIME! I'm sick of it! IT'S MY FAULT AND NO ONE ELSES!! I need will power! :angry:

Replies

• Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Try low cal popcorn as a go to
  • afmcello
    afmcello Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have found, going to bed earlier really helps. I eat junk when I stay up late...
  • SuccessHere
    SuccessHere Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I do this all the time. I'm so angry at myself!
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    I have found, going to bed earlier really helps. I eat junk when I stay up late...

This works for me, too.
  • prettyface55
    prettyface55 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Lmao I'm laying in bed trying to sleep to avoid eating everything downstairs!!

1 sheep
    2 sheep
    Old McDonald had a farm
    Hey Macarena
    Where were we...
    Zzzzzz
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    Have you considered saving more of your daily calories to eat in the evening? Also, you should definitely look at setting your protein and fiber targets, so you can feel fuller longer. If you haven't read this yet, it is an excellent place to get started:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • SuccessHere
    Options
    Have you considered saving more of your daily calories to eat in the evening? Also, you should definitely look at setting your protein and fiber targets, so you can feel fuller longer. If you haven't read this yet, it is an excellent place to get started:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

Someone suggested I save my calories for later in the evening.
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options

Someone suggested I save my calories for later in the evening.
    Yes, there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. Find a plan that YOU find sustainable. Lots of people practice different forms of Intermittent Fasting where they only eat from 2pm-10pm (or whatever works for them). There are Fasting groups are here, which can provide you with more info.
  • TigerBite
    TigerBite Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Budget your calories ... if you like to eat more at nigh, then save some for nighttime ...
  • SuccessHere
    Options
    Oddly enough I did fast today up until 12:00 if you can even call that a fast.
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    I'll second what Cindy said. It doesn't matter much when you eat, it all comes down to how much you consume in total.

Having some decent options on hand might stop you reaching for the calorie dense snacks. 100 cal bags of popcorn, sugar free jello or pudding, diet deserts can all be around the 100 cal mark or less, but if you want something more just budget for it.

You could look at making some more macro friendly desserts if you feel so inclined too, look up protein fluff, or high protein pancakes or cheesecake (there's a whole group on MFP dedicated to that last one :bigsmile: )
  • shernajwine
    shernajwine Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Yes, I stay up late and that makes the cravings a bigger issue. However I stay up late to have my alone time from children. So I don't really want to give that up.

I've been able to fight the cravings simply by chewing gum or eating sunflower seeds (the kind with shells). Makes my hands and mouth busy without all the calories.
  • mjegg
    mjegg Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    More water or hot tea helps me sometimes at night. Be kind to yourself, each day is a new chance to choose wisely.
  • jus_in_bello
    jus_in_bello Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Take up a hobby. Keep your hands and mind occupied and you'll be less likely to snack.
  • abikinibyjuly
    abikinibyjuly Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Plan for your late night eating. Save some calories especially for that. It doesn't mean you have to skip a meal during the day. Just plan better. Popcorn is a great filler. Carrots with hummus. Apple and cheese. I'm a late snacker, so I can sympathize!
  • shapefitter
    shapefitter Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Logg everything you eat after midnight as breakfast.
  • dadof2boyz
    dadof2boyz Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I know exactly what you mean - have always stuggled with nighttime eating - the couch is the problem - not being as active as day time, all of that adds up to excuses though - we have to take the crap out of the house and restock it with good choices, so that even when we do snack at night, we are snacking on low cal healthy options. Easier said than done right... I know. I struggle with it all the time myself and have not found the answer yet... not fully. But what I have found is that exercising for me in the evening helps curb my appetite - counterintuitive I know, but it's true - after a workout I feel less hungry and can often get by with a protein shake and light snacks later in the evening. PLUS, I also hate eating after I worked my *kitten* off at bootcamp or gym or whatever, only to throw it out the window by eating too much or bad choices. The closer your exercise is to your eating time, the less likely you are to throw it away.
  • Byrdsong1920
    Byrdsong1920 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    That was always me...and I'm a night owl. If I'd go to sleep I wouldn't mess up! Sometimes I'd fall asleep and wake up in the morning and think," yeah....I made it thru the nite without binging on cereals, p&j, etc" lol!

Make sure u are eating enough thru the day. Most people eat too little then burn 600+ Doing cardio and weights... Ur body is hungry! I'm 5'3, 170 and took metabolic test at gym and should be eating 1900 min per day and more when I workout!
    I'm still losing and losing body fat and inches!

I also added an iPad app for hypnosis ..helped me sleep and also helps cut cravings of bad foods, called "lose weight"! I've used for two wks and so far no cheat meals the last two weeks,eating super clean, sleeping and no late night cravings .

Definitely remove junk from the house and add good snacks. Easier said than done...and I'm single, so I can keep what I want around,lol! I made a killer trail mix this week with almonds, peanuts, organic sunflower seeds ,low sugar granola and dark chocolate covered raisins ..yum! Also keep protein bars I make around and gnc lean shakes are good too. I love oatmeal CHOC chip cookies, but found a healthier recipe online and I freeze the dough and make a few when I gotta have a sweet treat! Drink that water too during the day and fill up and flush toxins! U can do it!

Good luck, eat up during the day!

Shan
  • rawhidenadz
    rawhidenadz Posts: 254 Member
    Options

Yep. I eat my biggest meal before bed. Just plan for it in your daily calories. Check out intermittent fasting.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Look for foods that will fill you up. A quick look at your diary there seems to be a lot of what I would call less filling foods.