Need help with low carb vegetarian diet!

Options
2»

Replies

• ni1966
    ni1966 Posts: 17
    Options
    I am going under 20g carbs for two weeks, but this requires meat in order for me not to pass out. Lol
  • Magdaloonie
    Magdaloonie Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I was vegetarian for quite a while but I was gaining weight. I tried to find a way to eat low carb and still get enough nutrition but I couldn't do it. That was before I joined MFP, though. Since I am developing rheumatoid arthritis, I really needed to take weight off so I decided to go back to an omnivorous diet. I'm not suggesting that for you, though.
    I'm thinking you should focus on your total calories and not worry about carbs. That's what I'll do if I go back to vegetarian. Lots of carbs in seitan and edamame but those are so good and delicious, too. I think you can safely, healthily and satisfying reach your goal but not if you worry about carbs.
    BTW, still love vegetarian food so feel free to post any good recipes you have!
  • FitVego
    FitVego Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much everyone! I know eating fish technically makes me a pescatarian but I have not eaten fish for the last 5 years of my vegetarianism, but travelling I started getting lightheaded etc from not getting enough protein/essential oils/vitamins/iron, so I began eating small bits of fish here an there.

Thanks so much for all your supports and help, if any wants more support, help or just a friend, add me, I'd love to help!