Freaking out

Options
I have been feeling really crappy lately and so I haven't been exercising or eating the best. I was doing so good and I just have kind of lost motivation and it is scaring the hell out of me. I keep telling myself I need to lose weight to get feeling better and be healthy but I feel so bad I just don't know what to do. Any advice?

Replies

• GnosisGnosis
    Options
    Hello, friend! I see you have a picture of the Buddha as your avatar :) I believe he has some wonderful advice for you, maybe a reminder will help!

"Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment." - If you are living in the Now, the bad feelings melt away!

"We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think. When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves" - Be diligent in your meditations, and you will realize that every moment is a perfect rebirth of the human spirit. By meditating on love, you will become love, and this will allow you to be harmonious and whole. Everything else follows naturally.

"To be idle is a short road to death and to be diligent is a way of life; foolish people are idle, wise people are diligent." - Never give up! This journey isn't about not failing, it's not about not feeling bad; It's about always striving for the sky and giving everything you can to achieve balance.
  • Chunka99
    Options
    It really helps me to write everything that I eat down. And always have goals- don't just stop when you've lost a certain amount of weight. Work on strength training- that will give you plenty of goals.

Never give up! :)
  • littleburgy
    littleburgy Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Sounds like depression might be having its way with you. I would start exercising again -- break down the workout into small bits if need be. Once you start exercising, that improves feelings of well being and hopefully will help battle the inertia and kick motivation back into motion.

Do you struggle with depression?
  • lahlstephens
    lahlstephens Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I hit a wall just like you. Do not fear! Look at pictures at yourself before you started this journey and look at yourself now. Remind yourself why you are in this! We are in it for the journey and the long haul. It will take time but it is so worth it. Make time for yourself and exercise, it really is the best mood elevator! Think of how much healthier and better you will feel. Please don't give up!
  • ehorn625
    ehorn625 Posts: 144
    Options
    I am hearing this from a lot of people lately. Could it be the adjustment to the season (less sunlight)? Have you had a check up lately? You may want to have some blood work done to see where you are.
  • JessiBelleW
    JessiBelleW Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Its a circle - you feel bad so you don't eat right and exercise, and because you are eating crappy and not exercising you feel poorly. You just gotta jump back in there!

Buy yummy foods you like to eat and go for a quick walk - you can do this!
  • L2HS
    L2HS Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I hit a wall just like you. Do not fear! Look at pictures at yourself before you started this journey and look at yourself now. Remind yourself why you are in this! We are in it for the journey and the long haul. It will take time but it is so worth it. Make time for yourself and exercise, it really is the best mood elevator! Think of how much healthier and better you will feel. Please don't give up!

I second this!
  • Art63
    Art63 Posts: 87
    Options
    Can I write something here? I don't know where to write but I just want to put this down somewhere. Maybe it'll help someone...including me.

Weighed 188 this morning after weighing 185.5 yesterday. What?!!! For several days my weight had been going down a bit or remaining steady. Felt fantastic about that. Very motivated to keep it up. Ate totally proper for the past week or more. Walked as well. Did nothing weird yesterday except eating in a restaurant for lunch - two chicken quesadillas and a cup of soup. Walked an hour in the afternoon.

Expected another good weigh-in this morning. Instead got a terrible shock by gaining 2.5 pounds. Come on!!!! How can that be? Got off scale. Tried again. Same result. Even went so far as to remove battery from scale and check if it was still good. It is.

I am so depressed. Have already eaten like a pig. Why not? What's the point? Can't believe I'm acting out like this but I'm just being honest. No more BS about writing to others encouraging them to "keep it going...hang in there...you can do it." ****. I can't even handle one day of lousy results. What right do I have to give anyone else advice?

Again, sorry for hijacking this thread. Just had to find somewhere to share. So sad.
  • JuliaLee67
    Options
    Can I write something here? I don't know where to write but I just want to put this down somewhere. Maybe it'll help someone...including me.

Weighed 188 this morning after weighing 185.5 yesterday. What?!!! For several days my weight had been going down a bit or remaining steady. Felt fantastic about that. Very motivated to keep it up. Ate totally proper for the past week or more. Walked as well. Did nothing weird yesterday except eating in a restaurant for lunch - two chicken quesadillas and a cup of soup. Walked an hour in the afternoon.

Expected another good weigh-in this morning. Instead got a terrible shock by gaining 2.5 pounds. Come on!!!! How can that be? Got off scale. Tried again. Same result. Even went so far as to remove battery from scale and check if it was still good. It is.

I am so depressed. Have already eaten like a pig. Why not? What's the point? Can't believe I'm acting out like this but I'm just being honest. No more BS about writing to others encouraging them to "keep it going...hang in there...you can do it." ****. I can't even handle one day of lousy results. What right do I have to give anyone else advice?

Again, sorry for hijacking this thread. Just had to find somewhere to share. So sad.

sounds like it's just normal water retention and daily weight fluctuation to me. you did mention you had restaurant quesedillas and soup yesterday; usually restaurant food is loaded with sodium, and sodium causes the body to retain water, so there you go [i have the sodium problem myself and really have to watch my salt intake: sometimes after a big football weekend of beer and salty bar food my weight can increase 5 pounds or so!, but the next day it's back to where it should be]. don't worry about it, just keep on eating right/tracking your calories [but remember that sodium can cause water retention!] and excercising, and drink plenty of water.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    You should totally exercise.

Your motivation is waiting for you - six minutes into your next workout.
  • twenty20tunnelvision
    Options

Nice. I like this.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options

Boom.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options

Boom.

Yep. Just put on your shoes and get going. You'll start feeling better once you get moving and then you'll be done - yay pride!

Then do it again tomorrow. Some days you really won't feel like it... figure out if you've burned out and need a day off or if you're just feeling lazy. It happens.:laugh:
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    What's feeling crappy and did it start before you lost motivation? I felt crappy ignored it and ended up at Urgent Care. Meditate listen to your body and see a doctor if you need.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options

Water...your restaurant meal probably had more sodium than your accustomed to eating and your body is retaining water. Also, weight loss isn't linear and maintenance isn't static. I'm maintaining and have been for 6 months or so...I fluctuate between 180 - 185 day to day throughout any given week...when I average it out over time I'm about 182 lbs...but it isn't static and those fluctuations are completely normal.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options

Boom.

Nuclear-explosion.jpg
  • mo_chuisle
    mo_chuisle Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    There is a lot of really really good advice up there! You can do this, you can! *cheers you on*

I truly believe the bad days make way for the good ((hugs))
  • TArnold2012
    TArnold2012 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Focus on what you have accomplished rather than how far you have to go
  • ren_ascent
    ren_ascent Posts: 432 Member
    Options

Ya know, this is awesome advice. Not to mention completely true. It's actually helping me get remotivated myself so thank you!
  • bethannien
    bethannien Posts: 556 Member
    Options

This is so true! I never want to start my work out but I'm always glad I do once I get going!