Dizzy after working out?

Options
Can anyone tell me why I feel dizzy after working out? It started yesterday. I did circuit training 20 minutes twice a day and eat not more than 1200 calories net per day. It has been a week and everything was fine, until yesterday when I was just finished doing the final stretching, suddenly I feel dizzy and almost passed out. I wouldn't say I am low in blood sugar because my sugar intake is always more than I should've taken per day most of the times (although it is usually not more than 10g). The dizziness remains until today and now I feel like floating in the air. Can anyone tell me what happened to me? x___x

Replies

• Hollybot2
    Options
    eat more
  • Dancing_Laeti
    Dancing_Laeti Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I am by no means a doctor and I don't know your stats (height, weight, etc...) but all I can say is that the last couple of times when I was on 1200 cal per day and working out I would feel like crap afterwards. I've upped my calorie intake slightly (to 1300) and I eat most of my exercise calories back and I'm feeling much, much better. I'm 1.65m (~5ft5'') and weigh 71.8kg.
    Hope this helps!
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    Can anyone tell me why I feel dizzy after working out? It started yesterday. I did circuit training 20 minutes twice a day and eat not more than 1200 calories net per day. It has been a week and everything was fine, until yesterday when I was just finished doing the final stretching, suddenly I feel dizzy and almost passed out. I wouldn't say I am low in blood sugar because my sugar intake is always more than I should've taken per day most of the times (although it is usually not more than 10g). The dizziness remains until today and now I feel like floating in the air. Can anyone tell me what happened to me? x___x

try eating more! I am the same height you are, and about 15lbs heavier...I eat like 1800-2000 calories or more per day. I ran your numbers, and 1200 calories is OK IF you basically sit around all day. You are working out for close to an hour per day, so you are going to need more calories.

Blood sugar has little to do with how much sugar you EAT...it has to do with how much energy is available for your body to use. Are you sure you are drinking enough? You need about 90oz of fluids a day to be properly hydrated ( based on 1oz per 2lbs of body weight)
  • Stage14
    Stage14 Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    First, your blood sugar is not directly connected to the amount of sugar you eat. So eating more sugar than recommended does NOT automatically rule out blood sugar issues (both low and high BS can make you dizzy by the way).

However if you net 1200 or less calories each day and workout fairly intensely, my first advice is to up your calories to 1300 or 1400 and see if that helps. If not, then see a doctor because dizziness after a workout is not normal.
  • vaenillea
    Options
    Thanks for giving me helpful advises. I've upped my calorie intake to at most 1400kcal per day and now I don't feel dizzy anymore. I have also increase my water intake from 2 liter to 3 liter per day. So now I feel okay. Thank you everyone. ^__^
  • czechwolf52
    czechwolf52 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    1. Eat more
    2. Drink more
    3. Go see a doctor if this continues.