This breaks my Heart

Options
12 yr old girl commits suicide over bullying in FL:

http://gma.yahoo.com/sheriff-arrest-cyberbully-suspects-parents-could-114158118--abc-news-topstories.html

And we aren't doing enough about this.....

Replies

• CassandraBurgos83
    CassandraBurgos83 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Didn't mean to post this more than once.
  • just_Jennie1
    just_Jennie1 Posts: 1,233
    Options
    It is very sad however I think that it's the fault of the parents of the girls who did the bullying. There is absolutely no reason why young kids need to be on Facebook, Twitter, etc. It's also the fault of the school for not doing anything when the bullying was reported. Those girls should be locked up for what they did. The fact that one of them said that she doesn't give a f--ck that the girl committed suicide tells the story right there. She's not remorseful and she will do it again.
  • CassandraBurgos83
    CassandraBurgos83 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    It is very sad however I think that it's the fault of the parents of the girls who did the bullying. There is absolutely no reason why young kids need to be on Facebook, Twitter, etc. It's also the fault of the school for not doing anything when the bullying was reported. Those girls should be locked up for what they did. The fact that one of them said that she doesn't give a f--ck that the girl committed suicide tells the story right there. She's not remorseful and she will do it again.

Thank you, I agree completely! Half of the kids who are 18 aren't even mature enough to handle the online situations much less a 12 or 14 yr old. What in God's name is wrong with parents these days...
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    I think it does have something to do with the parents. This type of social media did not exist when I was this age, but I would never have pulled this type of crap and treated another human being in this manner because my parents raised me better than that. But if I had done something like this, you can bet I would have been begging to deal with the authorities rather than deal with my parents.
  • goalss4nika
    goalss4nika Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    This is not acceptable at all! I blame the parents. I see alot of little children & teenagers who have fb/instagram accoutns. They are too young for this. My 9 year son wants a fb account because all his others friends have one. NO thanks! There is a greater focus on being "friends" with your children rather than parenting. Well, I'll be the parent.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    this scares me to death. do you think the parents had access to all of her accounts? The parents of the child who commited suicide.
  • georgiaTRIs
    georgiaTRIs Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Social media needs to be monitored by parents. Parents need to take an active role in the lives of their children. You teach your children respect for others and responsibility. If my child was younger I would stop the social media since I now hear that what they list will be available to public. We need to teach everyone that this can be abused so easily and once you post it - you cannot hit a re-do button. it is there forever. Delete does not really delete information. It scares me that children are so cold and don't seem to take any value in human life. I agree the comment made by the one girl indicates she will do it again. Just like the three boys that killed a man because they are bored. Where is society going???????