Just had my second baby!

tiffpooler88
tiffpooler88 Posts: 4
edited November 2023 in Getting Started
I had planned on starting my weight loss journey after having my second baby. I'm still in shock right now because when I got pregnant I weighed 213. I was so scared about gaining too much weight and never being able to lose it. However I continued to eat as I normally did that is when I wasn't nauseous :) But somehow I lost 13lbs by my induction date. I don't know how this is possible but I'm a week postpartum and I think my scale is broke because it says I weigh 176. Which is 3 lbs below my pre pregnancy weight from my first. I'm ecstatic that I've hit this mark but so scared that it's all going to come back.

Replies

• steve2kay
    steve2kay Posts: 194 Member
    it doesn't need to come back.
    There's nothing to be scared of you just need to take control.
    That's what MFP does for me, it allows me to track what I eat and therefore know what I'm eating and therefore take control of it - or not on some days but at least I know. :)

Good luck, feel free to add me if you need some friends.
  • WeepingAngel81
    WeepingAngel81 Posts: 2,232 Member
    Don't be scared! Don't overdue it right now either. Postpartum healing takes time. You already have one baby so you know the sleepless nights can throw everything out of whack. as Steve said, take control to stay on track. I lost weight with my second as well. it was an odd feeling to weigh less than I did before I got preganant. Congrats on the baby!!!:flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.