The 6 best Peanut Butters.

Options
12346»

Replies

• SailorKnightWing
    SailorKnightWing Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    Anyone notice how Jif only makes creamy and extra crunchy varieties of their regular peanut butter? What about just regular crunchy? What happened to regular crunchy?!
  • allprobeginner
    Options
    as long as it's not generic or that hard chunk at the bottom of the natural pb,
    I like them all.
  • ironmonkeystyle
    ironmonkeystyle Posts: 834 Member
    Options
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    NO to all you peeps who still buy PB in a jar! It's terrible for you! It's a LOT of sugar, very little in the way of peanuts, and sometimes, lots of other stuff that the maker won't talk about. YUK. Even if none of you have a Food Co-Op near you, at least find a whole foods or something, and go in, buy the jar that says: 100% peanut butter (and nothing else). Better yet, find a local health food store and go in and grind your own. It just seems more expensive, but remember that you are getting the WHOLE FOOD and not a bunch of fillers and gunk. Since you ARE getting the whole food, you'll likely eat a lot less and feel a lot better. Why waste perfectly good calories on junk? What can I say, I am, perhaps, the world's biggest food nazi!

Not all PB in a jar has all the junk you are talking about. There are tons of PBs in a jar that the ingredients are just peanuts or peanuts and salt, and Whole Foods isn't the only place to get it. Most grocery stores carry them now.

again, i reiterate...

...just say NO to hippie peanut butters! :angry:
  • MagicalLeopleurodon
    MagicalLeopleurodon Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    PB & Co. White chocolate wonderful.
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    NO to all you peeps who still buy PB in a jar! It's terrible for you! It's a LOT of sugar, very little in the way of peanuts, and sometimes, lots of other stuff that the maker won't talk about. YUK. Even if none of you have a Food Co-Op near you, at least find a whole foods or something, and go in, buy the jar that says: 100% peanut butter (and nothing else). Better yet, find a local health food store and go in and grind your own. It just seems more expensive, but remember that you are getting the WHOLE FOOD and not a bunch of fillers and gunk. Since you ARE getting the whole food, you'll likely eat a lot less and feel a lot better. Why waste perfectly good calories on junk? What can I say, I am, perhaps, the world's biggest food nazi!

Not all PB in a jar has all the junk you are talking about. There are tons of PBs in a jar that the ingredients are just peanuts or peanuts and salt, and Whole Foods isn't the only place to get it. Most grocery stores carry them now.

Who-the-hell-cares-90519235208.jpeg

I'm just funning with you. I can understand if that's your preference due to taste. I just reject the notion that all peanut butters need to be made with JUST PEANUTS to be considered healthy and tasty

For the record, I've never eaten any peanut butter and thought, "Man... the added junk in that really rustles my jimmies." It's always been like, "...What? All my peanut butter is gone? ... Damn."
  • LoudmouthLee
    Options
    For all of you who don't know Peanut Butter and Company's delicious products: Shop online here!

http://ilovepeanutbutter.com/shop-online

Incorrect.

PB-The-Heat-Is-On.jpg

****. I need to learn to post pictures. Such a noob. - The Heat is On Peanut Butter by the Peanut Butter Guys. Spicy and delicious.

I'm going to try this. Thanks!
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Anyone notice how Jif only makes creamy and extra crunchy varieties of their regular peanut butter? What about just regular crunchy? What happened to regular crunchy?!

Jif made a decision not to create peanut butter for wishy-washy losers who can't choose. So they only made awesome peanut butter and worthless peanut butter.
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options

Jif made a decision not to create peanut butter for wishy-washy losers who can't choose. So they only made awesome peanut butter and worthless peanut butter.

strong 5885th post.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options

692.gif

Shame on PB haters! Eat what you want, and I'll eat what I want. :smokin:
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I've never seen Kraft Peanut Butter here..... I notice both of y'all are in Canada so must just be up there. Which is odd because we have everything else Kraft lol

they have ketchup flavored Lay's potato chips up there too. it's a strange place where the normal rules of physics don't seem to apply.... :grumble:

and french fries are served with gravy and cheese curd.

Really? A big company like Kraft I just assumed it was in the states. We have Skippy and a few others but we don't have Reeses or Peter Pan.

Ketchup chips are really good if you just give them a chance.

Poutine Is a wonderful creation that everyone should try once in their lives.

....and we also put Maple Syrup on everything...just cause we can! :tongue:

Kraft HQ is in my home state, but I have never seen Kraft PB.
  • LoudmouthLee
    Options
    FYI - Planters is Kraft, so the Planters Peanut Butter is the same formulation.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options

Cream-Nut *giggles*
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    just kidding... everyone knows there is only ONE best peanut butter and that's Jif Extra Crunchy!

jif-creamy-peanut-butter-510g.jpg
    The best-tasting peanut butter I have ever had in the entirety of my life is Skippy Natural.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    For all of you who don't know Peanut Butter and Company's delicious products: Shop online here!

Or go to Walmart (if you have one) and get it cheaper.

I use the Dark Chocoate Dreams in my fruit smoothies. Mmmmmm.
  • kikicooks
    kikicooks Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options

Who-the-hell-cares-90519235208.jpeg

I'm just funning with you. I can understand if that's your preference due to taste. I just reject the notion that all peanut butters need to be made with JUST PEANUTS to be considered healthy and tasty

For the record, I've never eaten any peanut butter and thought, "Man... the added junk in that really rustles my jimmies." It's always been like, "...What? All my peanut butter is gone? ... Damn."

My post was not saying you have to eat PB only with nuts I was commenting on the person's post that made it sound like you could only get peanut butter where the ingredients were only peanuts at Whole Foods or natural food stores.
  • Howdoyoufeeltoday
    Howdoyoufeeltoday Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    FYI - Planters is Kraft, so the Planters Peanut Butter is the same formulation.

Ohh Ok, Here (I live in Quebec, Canada) we have planters products but not the peanut butter, it's just "Kraft" Peanut Butter. But now if I ever want to buy Peanut butter in the states I know what brand to get. So thank you for that. :drinker:
  • So_Much_Fab
    So_Much_Fab Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    OP, you were dead on until you said "crunchy". Everyone knows creamy Jif is the best!
  • So_Much_Fab
    So_Much_Fab Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    debbie+downer.jpg