Ugh, no loss weight or inches

Options
Now 2+ weeks in and nothing more than feeling some core firmness. Hitting calorie and exercise targets daily. Hubby started little over a week ago and nothing more than walking from train to office and tossing ball w/pup and already lost nearly 2 lbs.

Replies

• jessicahill530
    jessicahill530 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    patience. you didnt put it on overnight, you're not going to lose it overnight. how much do you have to lose and what is your loss/week set at? If you only have 10-15lbs to lose, make sure it is set to 1lb/week at the most, but 1/2lb is better. i know it can be frustarting espeically when you compare yourself to your husband (men seem to lose faster) but just keep it up, make sure you log everything and weigh food if you can and if after a few more weeks nothing is happening, then maybe redo your goals and change up your calorie intake a bit. keep it up and you can do this!
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Patience.

Open your diary.

Give us your stats.
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    Are you logging consistently and weighing everything on a digital scale? If not you may want to give this link a read: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/872212-you-re-probably-eating-more-than-you-think
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Now 2+ weeks in and nothing more than feeling some core firmness. Hitting calorie and exercise targets daily. Hubby started little over a week ago and nothing more than walking from train to office and tossing ball w/pup and already lost nearly 2 lbs.

It takes some people longer to show loss than others. My first suggestion is to increase the amount of water you are drinking. Liquids don't all count as water, so this would be water in addition to soft drinks, coffee, tea, etc. I wonder about your food diary, and whether you are measuring your portions accurately. I've found it all too easy to underestimate the amount of food I put on my plate. We bought a food scale from Amazon to help us with portion control, and also restaurant style dishers to measure servings of rice, potatoes and veggies we put onto our plates.

One last piece of advice. Try not to compete with your DH or feel unsuccessful if he loses more or faster. My DH and I started at the same time, and I've lost a lot more than he has. He has different issues than I, and less ability to exercise. He has lost a significant amount of weight even though he can't exercise, and has been able to keep his motivation up by focusing on his improvements rather than mine. Good luck to you.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    this is going to take at least a year.
  • mca90guitar
    mca90guitar Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Two weeks is Nothing, need to give yourself time to lose weight. If you haven't seen any improvement in the next two months then it might be time to look at making changes to your diet or routine.

Good luck
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    What's with all the necro threads?
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Two weeks is Nothing, need to give yourself time to lose weight. If you haven't seen any improvement in the next two months then it might be time to look at making changes to your diet or routine.

Good luck
    It's been four years...
  • mca90guitar
    mca90guitar Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »

Good luck
    It's been four years...

Hmm odd that it was on the first page when I logged in. Hope they figured it out by now lol