broke my rule

Options
i just started my weight loss journey 4 days ago and ive cut out all junk and take out which consisted of 99.9 percent of my diet and am exercising. i need to loose 30 pounds and i promised my self i would only weigh myself 1x a week but i cracked and weighed myself and haven't lost an oz. and now i feel disappointed even though its only been couple of days the first couple of pounds usually come off easy. feeling like maybe im doing something wrong

Replies

• 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I never see any losses for about 2 weeks, you are stressing about nothing
  • kangaroux92
    kangaroux92 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    well ive diet on and off for years and i know ive hit blocks were i haven't lost any but i always usually loose at least 2 pounds the first week even if its just water .but it hasent even been a full week so yeah im just probably worrying over nothing but i hope Monday the scale will say differently. and this is why i told myself i wouldnt way myself every day like ive done in the past it always is no good.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    Stress hormone cortisol also makes it more difficult to lose weight. You need to stop stressing yourself out.
  • RoyBeck
    RoyBeck Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up. Seriously. Keep,exercising, eating smaller amounts to when you were gaining and you WILL lose weight.