A New Kind of Challenge

I have a challenge for you. (For those of you who can) Keep track of your weight loss for 1 month in terms of food. Example for every 4 lbs lost you buy a bag of sugar or flour to represent actual weight lost. Then you donate it all to the food shelf in your community right before Nov 28th to show your thankfulness for losing that weight and helping someone else. Post your participation here and come back and amend your post to include the weight of food you were responsible for. If you want repost this on your thread and you can also post how much you and your friends raised. There is no prize just the feeling of the good you have done for yourself and someone else you do not know.

Replies

• SPPutnam
    SPPutnam Posts: 51 Member
    Sounds great! I'm in!
  • mdcjmom
    mdcjmom Posts: 597 Member
    I have a challenge for you. (For those of you who can) Keep track of your weight loss for 1 month in terms of food. Example for every 4 lbs lost you buy a bag of sugar or flour to represent actual weight lost. Then you donate it all to the food shelf in your community right before Nov 28th to show your thankfulness for losing that weight and helping someone else. Post your participation here and come back and amend your post to include the weight of food you were responsible for. If you want repost this on your thread and you can also post how much you and your friends raised. There is no prize just the feeling of the good you have done for yourself and someone else you do not know.

You can also join the too Inspired challenge where this is a part of the challenge for the month of Nov! http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/17115-titbt-nov-2013-a-lot-to-be-thankful-for
  • kirstenmaria
    kirstenmaria Posts: 112 Member
    Bump! This is also a great way to clean out the more calorie-dense foods from my cabinets! I have a stare down with the box of au gratin potatoes in my pantry every time I try to plan what to eat for dinner!
  • emileesgram
    emileesgram Posts: 141 Member
    bump..motivating and a good cause..win win
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Love this idea Cindy!! I'm in!
  • Elliehmltn
    Elliehmltn Posts: 254 Member
    OK, I like this challenge! This is a great idea. I'm always looking for some kind of new motivation, and this will be my current one! Thanks, Cindy!
  • rhileyschubbygranny
    rhileyschubbygranny Posts: 145 Member
    Great idea, I'm in :)
  • Tiff050709
    Tiff050709 Posts: 497 Member
    That is a really great idea!
  • RockinTerri
    RockinTerri Posts: 499 Member
    This is perfect! I was looking for some additional motivation - my friends and connections are all great and wonderful and inspiring, but I've become a bit stagnant recently.

Knowing a pound for pound challenge will benefit those in need, I'll kick it in gear!
  • mbh28
    mbh28 Posts: 12 Member
    I have a stare down with the box of au gratin potatoes in my pantry every time I try to plan what to eat for dinner!

You too?? Lol
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    i love this idea. thanks. im in.
  • mdcjmom
    mdcjmom Posts: 597 Member

You can also join the too Inspired challenge where this is a part of the challenge for the month of Nov! http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/17115-titbt-nov-2013-a-lot-to-be-thankful-for

Oh and Bump!
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Bump! This is also a great way to clean out the more calorie-dense foods from my cabinets! I have a stare down with the box of au gratin potatoes in my pantry every time I try to plan what to eat for dinner!

That made me laugh so hard cause I literally did this yesterday (It was Stove Top stuffing, but the same idea). I hate to admit that the stuffing won though. Oh well :)
  • 120mustdo
    120mustdo Posts: 48 Member
    Bump!
  • CindyRip
    CindyRip Posts: 166 Member
    Thanks for supporting this idea.
  • srgtbiggles
    srgtbiggles Posts: 170 Member
    Bump!
  • jmom376
    jmom376 Posts: 234 Member
    What an awesome idea Cindy. I will also participate :) I will start this week and donate 5 lbs of food to a food drive we are doing at work. (I only lost 4 lbs, but I like even #s)
  • CindyRip
    CindyRip Posts: 166 Member
    Just wanted to let everyone know that we have about 300 people who have committed to this so far. Thanks for working hard to make a difference not only in your own life but for those who will receive the food also.