Back after one year.

Options
Just re-introducing myself...

I left MFP when I discovered that, yay! finally, I got pregnant after trying for a little less than a year. We also have an 8 year old.

Now the mommy of a 4 1/2 month old baby girl, seems I can't get off the last 20 pounds without the food diary. As much as I despise entering EVERY LITTLE THING, it's the only thing that seems to work.

I also try to go to the gym 4 days a week for over an hour - cardio and weights, but it's mostly 3 days lately.....I'd go more if I had more help at home. (my hubby works crazy hours)

If there's any other 30-something that has that damn baby weight stuck on them, (because after 30 it sticks like crazy glue) and you are honestly trying to squeeze back into your comfortable jeans, add me. I'm also breastfeeding and I have not lost a pound because of it.

If you wanna talk kids, weight loss, or even the good old days when you were a size 5 like me....lets be friends :)

Replies

• sarak145
    Options
    Hi Jody!

I just posted my own introduction but I am also battling 20 pounds of baby weight. I'm also one of the unlucky ones that haven't lost anything from breastfeeding. My 30th birthday was just a couple of weeks ago, I'm not sure if it is a hard set line that I will now struggle to lose the weight, but I definitely haven't seen any movement on the scale and am very frustrated!

How to you find time to get to the gym? Do you need to wait until your hubby is home to take care of the kiddos? I have been wondering about a gym's daycare, but he is still so little I'd hate to leave him with strangers yet!
  • jodycoady
    jodycoady Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    I can only go at night when the hubby is home....there is no daycare offered.....is this your first child? Daycare is great for socializing your baby....but it's entirely up to you if you want to leave them with a stranger....I would certainly see if I could get some reviews on the daycare....
  • healthy4three
    Options
    Hi ladies! I'm battling baby weight, too. I never lost it from the first baby (born Jan 2010). Now my third baby is 11 weeks old. My husband works 60 hours a week, which makes it hard to get out of the house to exercise.

However, (I hate sounding like an infomercial) I joined a fitness challenge and so far in just two weeks, I've lost 6 pounds and over 4 inches off my waist. I'm doing Les Mills Combat and following the nutrition guide. So far, none of the workouts have been over 45 minutes and it's FUN!

I'd love to have more people to help keep me accountable on this journey. :)