I want to live!

Options
I'm new (again) and I need to lose a lot of weight, let's just throw 250 lbs out there as a starting point. I too looked into surgery and can't stomach (no pun intended) the uncertainty and the long term impacts. There's no one around me who understands my lifelong struggles with weight. I heard someone talk about the difference between heroin addiction and food addiction. With a heroin addiction, you need to put a tiger in a cage. With a food addiction, you need to put a tiger in a cage then take it for a walk 3 times a day.

I'm ready to take a final stab at this without surgery. I bought a Fitbit tracker and started tracking steps. I downloaded MFP (again) and started measuring/counting again. I'm going to find someone to help with the head issues around food. If I can't tackle/beat the emotional/habitual eating, then nothing else really matters.

I'm 44, married and have seven kids ages 14 to 2. I'd love to live to see them all graduate high school, college, get married, join the service, whatever. And I don't want to wait until I've missed all the fun parts of their childhood to start living.

I'm so encouraged to find men (no offense ladies, you have the corner on most internet message boards) here, so of whom have lost a SIGNIFICANT amount of weight. I'm looking forward to turning here for support since I don't have much of the right kind of support at home.

Replies

• _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    I still have another 60 or so to go feel free to add me