Who has had LASIK?

Options
2»

Replies

• sizzle74
    sizzle74 Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys! I am getting excited yet still nervous! Been wearing my glasses religiously so my cornea will hopefully be ready! :)
  • ThePlight
    ThePlight Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    I had ASA (advanced surface ablation) a couple of years ago about a year after my husband had it done. Similar to LASIK but without the freaky flap thing. It takes longer to heal, about 2 weeks if I remember correctly, but my Dr prefers it for its safety aspect - you don't need to worry about the flap getting dislodged at some point down the road.

Totally worth the expense! I have 20/20 vision now, and my spouse has 20/15.
    Hmmmmm, I'm liking the sound of this compared to lasik. I also go for the safer procedures myself. Thanks for posting this, I didn't even know there was another option besides glasses/lasik.. Contacts aggravate my eyes.. So I can't do that, either.
  • janer4jc
    janer4jc Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    My husband got glasses at 5 years old and bi-focals at 10. He had terrible vision. We went to Canada for Lasik surgery 13 years ago and he's had 20/20 vision ever since. His night vision has declined in the last couple of years but at 53 that's not surprising. He followed the doctor's orders to the letter and had a wonderful recovery. It's the best money we ever spent.
  • sazman321
    Options
    If you had LASIK surgery and are now experiencing problems http://www.lasikfailures.com
  • ItsMeGee3
    ItsMeGee3 Posts: 13,254 Member
    Options
    I wish I would have waited for LASIK. I had RK 18 years ago. Having problems with that now.
  • pawnstarNate
    pawnstarNate Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    in for info....been thinking about it too because I recently had to switch to bifocal contacts

some people adjust to them.....some don't

giphy.gif