Anyone here trying to gain weight?

Options
I'm looking to put on a stone but with my new job (its very active) no matter how much I eat, I wont gain. At 131lbs at 5"9 my gf keeps complaining that I'm too skinny lol, even her efforts to fatten me up wont work.

Anyone else had a similar problem?

Replies

• ConverseJack
    Options
    Just me then lol
  • SoLongAndThanksForAllTheFish
    Options
    I had a friend with that problem, when we were in high school he could sit and eat 4 burgers in a meal, a whole pizza for dinner, and not gain anything. Then we grew up, his metabolism changed, he's now balding and got a tummy ;) Anyways: focus on weight training, make sure you use good form and use weights you can do in the 6-10 rep range after warmup at least 4x/week (2x/week/muscle group) and increase your min protein to 1.5x what MFP recommends and keep your calories always above your MFP goal, always eat back all your exercise calories, making sure to eat the MFP overestimated calories and eat snacks as well as meals: dont ever let yourself be hungry. You will gain some strength and weight this way.
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    There are quite a few, but they are hanging out over here :wink:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/50202-goal-gaining-weight
  • Deckguy2004
    Deckguy2004 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I went through the same thing you are going through. I could eat anything and everything up until my mid 20's. I still can although I jumped from 160ish to 185ish. I am just now, at 45, starting to take the advice of MFP people like SoLong who posted here. Good luck!