bloated

Options
I'm bloated because it is 'that time of the month', and it is adding a few pounds. What can I do to fight this off, to keep from getting down about it, and to keep from eating too many sweets at this time?

Replies

• crazybxrmom
    crazybxrmom Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    100 calorie kettle corn is your friend and lots of water. These are my 2 best friends durring that TOM. Another good option deoending on your job and what you can have at work is sugar free mints or gum, makes your mouth feel clean and less likely to eat the wrong foods. Above all else ask family and friends to remind you how good your looking and how hard you have worked. This helps me a lot.
  • Ashia1317
    Ashia1317 Posts: 415
    Options
    Water. Stay away from REALLY salty stuff. And do your best to stay active, even a light walk in the evening to just move. I have to really push myself to do that sometimes, but I feel a lot better in the end.
  • brittonymiller
    brittonymiller Posts: 2,061 Member
    Options
    It is that time of the month for me too. I'm getting so frustrated because I have been working my butt off and eating even better than normal to combat it and the scale still won't budge. I've even been told that drinking lots of water can help, but nope. I think I'm just going to have to be patient and wait for this week to be over, knowing that some weeks you lose more than others. You are still thinking healthy and that is a great thing.
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    Ok ladies, we know this is going to happen every month.... Apologize in advance to your significant other and any other house hold members. Lock up any sharp objects and heavy tools (hammers in particular). :mad: Request that the chain on the leg cuffs on the bed be shortened to 2 feet so you are not noshing in the night. :angry: Remember to plug in the electric fence between you and the fridge. :grumble: Double lock the cabinet that holds the snacks. :explode: Hide the scale. :sad:

Don't beat yourself up about it, nothing you do will stop it. :ohwell: TOM is one of those things that JUST IS. Do your best to stay on track food and exercise wise and just ride it out. It sucks, but that's the way it is. :frown:
  • ALVernon
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I don't feel as frustrated now :smile:
  • Ms_Natalie
    Ms_Natalie Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    Ok ladies, we know this is going to happen every month.... Apologize in advance to your significant other and any other house hold members. Lock up any sharp objects and heavy tools (hammers in particular). :mad: Request that the chain on the leg cuffs on the bed be shortened to 2 feet so you are not noshing in the night. :angry: Remember to plug in the electric fence between you and the fridge. :grumble: Double lock the cabinet that holds the snacks. :explode: Hide the scale. :sad:

Don't beat yourself up about it, nothing you do will stop it. :ohwell: TOM is one of those things that JUST IS. Do your best to stay on track food and exercise wise and just ride it out. It sucks, but that's the way it is. :frown:

Hahaha...love it :flowerforyou:
  • tommygirl15
    tommygirl15 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Ladies, I'm getting in the boat with you on this one! ;)