Hi =)

Lisaredsox
Lisaredsox Posts: 3 Member
edited September 21 in Introduce Yourself
I'm new here, but certainly not new to dieting. I've tried clean eating plans, groups you have to pay for, tons of stuff. So far this is going really well for me. I've lost about 6 lbs so far and hope to lose about 30 more.

I'm a mom of three (2 in High School, one entering Kindergarten) who are still home for summer vacation. Getting in daily exercise can be a big challenge for me. Luckily, my husband is very supportive and goes for walks with me on our local bike trail if I haven't had time to get to the gym.

Thank you to the "Powers that Be" who created this site.

Healthy eating all
Lisa

Replies

• brattyworm
    brattyworm Posts: 2,137 Member
    One in kindergarten........ why not use him/her to help exercise. Walk to the park and play or just take them to the park and walk around the park while they play or play with them. You would get two benefits from that. You get to work out and expand energy and so does your little one.

Good job on the 6 lbs loss and good luck on the goal.
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Welcome to MFP! Congrats on the 6 lbs. lost. Good luck on the rest of your goal!
  • Lisaredsox
    Lisaredsox Posts: 3 Member
    Thanks for the Welcome! My Hubby and I actually take our 5 year old to the bike trail with us, we walk, she rides her bike. She starts to fizzle out just about the time we're ready to head back. Usually about an hour.

My big challenge is that I'm a nurse and work three nights a week. I try to keep my eating very clean and complex-carb and protein packed to keep me full longer. The nights I've worked have been pretty easy to stay on track. Plus I have to lift very obese patients from time to time. Saddly, it keeps me motivated to stay healthy.

Anyway, Hope it's been a good summer for all. I look forward to meeting more people here.
This discussion has been closed.