Shrimp nutrition facts mislabelled..?

Options
I have a bag of frozen deveined, tail-off cooked shrimp that says it weighs 340g. On the bag it says per 100g of shrimp, there's 50 calories. Everywhere I look online says that 100g is at least ~100 calories.. I know it may not seem like a huge difference but it just confuses me what I should be believing and logging

Replies

• nytrifisoul
    nytrifisoul Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    That is a huge difference, if you eat 500 calories worth and it really is twice as much as labeled that 1000 calories you just ate. I would just estimate 100 calories if thats what everything else says. Its easy for a steak with alot of marbling like waygu to have more calories then a steak thats lean like a sirloin, but shrimp is pretty much shrimp when it comes to calories per weight.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    what brand is it?
  • Docpremie
    Docpremie Posts: 228 Member
    Options
  • crevices
    crevices Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    That is a huge difference, if you eat 500 calories worth and it really is twice as much as labeled that 1000 calories you just ate. I would just estimate 100 calories if thats what everything else says. Its easy for a steak with alot of marbling like waygu to have more calories then a steak thats lean like a sirloin, but shrimp is pretty much shrimp when it comes to calories per weight.
    completely agree and yeah ill most likely do that, although itd be a lot more awesome to believe it has 1/2 the calories for some peculiar reason. thank you though!
    what brand is it?
    Northern King Peeled and Ready-to-eat shrimp
    MFP doesn't have its exact entry, it has entries for other "types" they have, like their tail-on shrimp etc but those entries claim 60 calories per 100g.