My 100 pounds Down Post

Options
_Zardoz_
_Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
So here I am 100 pounds down now who would have thought it. Just a little background for those not on my friends list. I'm 45 I live in Scotland and I care for my ill and disabled wife (I had to give up work to care for her 24 hours a day a few years back). In the 1990s I used to be a keen amateur endurance cyclist (mainly mountain bikes) and was pretty fit. I am actually building myself a new bike at present in the hope to be riding again by next year. That's my reward for being thin.

Anyway as with most people things happen the weight goes on and you keep telling yourself you are going to do something about it and you never do. On January the 29th I came across the MFP app and thought 'Oh well i'll give it a go' and weighed myself I was the very scary weight of 333 pounds (23stone 11 in English Money). So here I am nearly 9 months later 100 pounds lighter. I still have around 70 to go but I'm proud of myself.

I was umming and ahhing about posting this on the main forum but I remember when I started reading some of the success stories and how it helped me.

I here you all shout show me some pictures. Ok then some of them are rather scary and those that have looked at my Blog may have seen some (not all) of them before.

This Picture is the one I look at and wonder how I got like that me at my heaviest I think
9fkb.jpg

This is me around 2006 a bit lighter than the first Picture but on the fat journey as you can see
0gu2.jpg

Me in around 2007
u0fr.jpg

The last of the Fat Pictures in 2007 at my Wedding (My Best mans face has been disguised as he's too good looking)
4ff9.jpg

So now onto my Pictures 100 pounds down the line

IMG_1639.jpg

IMG_1638.jpg

IMG_1637.jpg

So I hope you notice a difference. So how have I done it. Well I've done nothing spectacular not to be flippant but I've just eaten less (using MFP goals) and moved more. There have been no drastic changes to my diet I was a Vegan before I started and still am my main problem has always been portion sizes which I now have under control and my very liberal use of Olive and rapeseed oil which is now minimised.

As for exercise I started off for the first couple of months just walking the dogs a lot further. i then introduced swimming and some Running. I've surprisingly discovered I love running and a man who 9 months ago couldn't walk up a hill without stopping numerous times will now happily run for miles on end. (My Wife thinks she's becoming a Running Widow) I'm looking forward to getting back on a bike next year though.

So I still have around 70 pounds to go but I would like to thank everyone for their support so far. So for those that like it Here's some numbers for you. I started off in size 52" trousers I am now in size 38". I have lost the weight 1.3 Golden Retrievers (I've picked my Boy up and he's heavy) Also I've lost the weight of 45 1kg bags of sugar. I've lost 30% of my body weight.

I would also like to add without the support of my Wonderful wife I wouldn't have done it. I am so proud of her because she has been totally bedbound for years so has been losing weight along with me with no exercise and being unable to weigh herself (as obviously she cant stand on scales). She though has steadily been losing weight and has gone from the start of this being in a UK size 28 to now being easily in a UK size 20. Here's her Profile http://www.myfitnesspal.com/vegan_rose

Replies

• _Zardoz_
    Options
    Sorry don't know why the images aren't showing, despite it saying the photo has been moved it hasn't. Trying to solve this now. Grrr!

UPDATE; Images now sorted finally.
  • cardinalsfootball
    cardinalsfootball Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your great loss!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    f21ebc51.jpg

your before pic isn't working, sorry i tried.
  • sheltony
    sheltony Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    You are an inspiration to all of us, even if we don't have to lose as much weight. Knowing you've been steady and strong for such a long time and continue to move slowly to the right weight for your body is an affirmation that we can make it, too. Thanks for sharing your pictures, your story, and your posts. Rock on!
  • brown46545
    brown46545 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Wow, great job. You don't look like you need to lose another 70 lbs!
  • Kath712
    Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Awesome progress!! You will surely reach your goal with such an amazing attitude! Best of luck to you!
  • MadDogManor
    MadDogManor Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    Wow! I'm very impressed and want you to know you're very inspirational! Thank you and congrats :-)
  • LiLanids
    LiLanids Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have absolutely no doubt you will hit your goal, having watched the runs you log so consistently up and down the countryside. You and your wife are definite inspirations and proof that we can all do it with willpower and the love and support of our friends and families.

You should be proud of yourself. I don't know you outside of MFP, and *I'M* proud of you.

Well done indeed.
  • Regan45
    Regan45 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Can we tell the difference? ! Absolutely! You look great!
  • grdnr03
    grdnr03 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    congrats!!
  • mamakathy
    mamakathy Posts: 130
    Options
    Amazing! That is all.
  • MelissaBoydston82
    Options
    Wow! Amazing job! Congratulations!!
  • cateyedkp
    cateyedkp Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    You should be incredibly proud :) Consistent and steadfast, that's what you are, and that's what'll get you all the way to your goal. Keep on rockin' :) And congratulations!!
  • camperbc
    camperbc Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Greetings from Newfoundland, Canada!

You sir, and also your dear wife, are an inspiration! Your story gives me strength and courage to stick to my own weight loss plan, which I am just three weeks into. I have very limited mobility, due to suffering a permanent spinal injury nine years ago, so with so little opportunity to excercise, I am frankly amazed (and thrilled) to see a continuous drop in weight each day for these first three weeks. I realize it will surely get trickier the further I get into my diet, but it is people like you who give the rest of us the encouragement to stick to our guns.

All the best to you and yours, from your new friends across the pond!

Glen and Linda B. and family
    Fogo Island, Newfoundland
  • davypr86
    davypr86 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Wow! Great job! It is definitely noticeable.
  • MGinAK
    MGinAK Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    A love story and a weight loss story all in one! Cheers to you and your wife...
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    this is such a wonderful story. congratulations to you and your wife.
  • Rosylee1976
    Rosylee1976 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Wonderful post, thanks. So inspiring. You look amazing and well done to your wife as well.
  • _Zardoz_
    Options
    Thankyou for your kind words
  • samgolod
    samgolod Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic, I can see a huge difference and apart from the change in size you look about ten years younger! Caring for people is tough ( I did it with my parents) - i find it really inspiring that you've managed to look after yourself too!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!