20 soon to be 21!

I have struggled with my weight since high school and now I am finally taking control. But I an very active and work out 6 days a week. I need help with the diet though. i can manage the workouts because I am obsessed with different work outs and trying new things.

Can someone please help with the diet side? I am 5'8" and currently 183.4 lbs. I eventually want to be about 130, but have no idea nutritionally how to get there. I want to feel comfortable in my body for the first time in a long time.

Replies

• InForBacon
    InForBacon Posts: 1,508 Member
    Enter your information and goals into MFP. It will tell you how many calories to eat. Enter exercise, eat back those calories. Probably best not to put that you want to lose 2 lbs a week. Go for one or lower. OR figure your TDEE and eat at about 15-20% below that and don't track exercise calories.
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Based on numbers you provided, and if you do 4 days worth of exercise, your
    BMR == ~1600
    TDEE == ~2300

To lose weight, you should be consuming ~1900 calories a day.
    So fat can be around 73 gr/day
    Protein can be around 183 gr/day
    The rest of your calories can be carbs, so that will be about 145 gr.....

Try that for about 2 - 3 weeks, and see if you are moving in the direction you want to move....
    if not, re-adjust.
    If yes, then continue own.....and maybe when you lost 10 - 15 pounds, revisit the numbers and see if they need to be changed.
  • This is exactly how I feel. I don't know where to start! It is so hard to figure out what works for each person!
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    This is exactly how I feel. I don't know where to start! It is so hard to figure out what works for each person!

Get your numbers figured out and go from there.....bout all you can do.
    That is what everyone else does.....they get their numbers, track the food they eat, and tweak as needed.
  • There are so many things out there that you can eat. Im about as active as you and I normally eat lots of veggies, smoothies, and yogurt. But I have something sweet everyday! Never deprive yourself from what you really want cause thats when I started getting crazy lol. The main thing is portions, if you feel like having ice cream on night instead of dinner have ice cream. Because then how happy are you if your forcing something else thats way less satisfying at the moment down your throat then just enjoying the moment.