A question for the ladies...

Options
Do you girls have any exercises that helps for those?

saddlebags.jpg

Replies

• TrailNurse
    TrailNurse Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Squats, lunges and deadlifts.
  • maggie16sweetxoxo
    maggie16sweetxoxo Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Do you girls have any exercises that helps for those?

saddlebags.jpg
    YES
  • MsSophySticated
    MsSophySticated Posts: 181 Member
    Options

Thank you very much and also CONGRATS on your transformation, that's amazing!!! :happy:
  • TrailNurse
    TrailNurse Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Thanks.....owe it all to the weights. :)
  • Leadfoot_Lewis
    Leadfoot_Lewis Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options

^This & making sure your diet is in check
  • MsSophySticated
    Options
    ^This & making sure your diet is in check

Thank you! Do you mean "diet" as in eating healthy or something else? :smile:
  • juliewatkin
    juliewatkin Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    There is only so much you can do about saddle bags. If that's where you carry your fat, they may be the last thing to go. Even when I was at my most lean 15% bf, that area still had cellulite on me.

I don't want to discourage you but you can't spot reduce. You can squat, lunge and deadlift to your heart's content. Lord knows I do, That will build muscle and look awesome but if that is your fat area, it will remain a stubborn area to lose from. It can be frustrating but everyone has what they deem their 'problem' areas. Mine are my saddlebags :mad:
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options

^ Agree 100%
  • Leadfoot_Lewis
    Leadfoot_Lewis Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options

Thank you! Do you mean "diet" as in eating healthy or something else? :smile:
    Sorry bad choice of words. Yes, eating healthy.
  • MsSophySticated
    Options
    There is only so much you can do about saddle bags. If that's where you carry your fat, they may be the last thing to go. Even when I was at my most lean 15% bf, that area still had cellulite on me.

I don't want to discourage you but you can't spot reduce. You can squat, lunge and deadlift to your heart's content. Lord knows I do, That will build muscle and look awesome but if that is your fat area, it will remain a stubborn area to lose from. It can be frustrating but everyone has what they deem their 'problem' areas. Mine are my saddlebags :mad:

GOODNESS! If you think you have any, then I don't know which mirror you use! Honestly, if I had what you have I wouldn't even have thought about it! But thank you so much for the information, I appreciate it! :happy:
  • MsSophySticated
    Options
    Sorry bad choice of words. Yes, eating healthy.

Oh don't apologize for that! I just wondered if there was a certain thing I could eat that could help burn that area :smile:
  • juliewatkin
    juliewatkin Posts: 764 Member
    Options

GOODNESS! If you think you have any, then I don't know which mirror you use! Honestly, if I had what you have I wouldn't even have thought about it! But thank you so much for the information, I appreciate it! :happy:

I guess it's all relative. I think we magnify our problem areas in our own heads. All the squats in the world won't get rid of them. It's more of a diet thing and even then, for me, it's the last area to lose fat. Boobs on me are the first to go.
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    Squats, deadlifts, lunges etc are great for working the muscles. But, if it's the fat over the muscles that your talking about, then no specific exercise will target that fat. You just have to keep reducing your fat all over and be patient. In the meantime, heavy lifting will do good things to the muscles so that by the time the fat has reduced, you'll have even better results. :smile:
  • MsSophySticated
    Options
    Thank you ladies! I appreciate the help :smile: I've also been doing 50 on each side of those exercises... (Sorry if it's in French haha)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vX5fhzeYjqQ