Hey all! I am a newbie!!

Options
My name is Amanda. I have struggled with my weight for a long time. I discovered part of the problem was my thyroid however sometimes I think I just use that as an excuse when I am not losing any weight. I have tried so many times to lose the extra weight and every time I have given up on myself. I am tired of doing that and I am ready to fully commit myself to this battle! I plan on winning the war of fat! I am looking for motivation from others but I know that I have to be a motivation for myself, if I am going to do this and stick with it.
A little background on me....I am married to a wonderful man and have been for 4 1/2 years. We have a doggy named Boo that I love as if he was my actual son. We also have 2 kitties, Blue and Holly, who are my babies too...No actual children though. Maybe one day. I am a dispatch supervisor on the night shift for the local 911 agency, so I do a lot of sitting.
Well I hope I hear from some of you and thank you for reading this if you did stop by :)

Replies

• missouri_rain
    missouri_rain Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Hello Amanda and welcome, this is such a great site, and it's addicting :smile:
  • lisalynn35
    lisalynn35 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I hope you find this site as helpful as I do. So far MFP has helped me lose over 100 lbs. If you need encouragement I'm here for you!
  • SassyMissDasha
    Options
    Welcome Amanda!
  • manda511
    manda511 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for welcoming me :) I am loving this site!
  • manda511
    manda511 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Wow lisa over 100 lbs!! That is awesome! And 76lbs sassy!!! You guys have done amazing!
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    Howdy Amanda and welcome.

I'm sure you will love this site, I do. I find myself telling anyone that will listen about it :D