Newbie wants support - Food is my everything

Options
Hi. I'm new here and looking for some friends. I have an unhealthy relationship with food. I eat when I'm bored, unhappy, stressed, or lonely. And if I see sweets or carbs the craving is so strong I can't resist. At work I sneak treats when no one is around or I wait until they turn their backs. I will make cookies and eat the entire batch in one night. If there is food at a meeting I always eat it, even if I don't like it that well. I can manage to eat really well all day and then do something like I did tonight - bake an apple pie, eat the excess pie dough and then eat 1/4 of the pie. I was going to eat more but decided to join this group instead. I know how to eat well and I've had times in my life when I have done so and felt really well but I always end up back where I'm at now. Feeling stuffed yet still wanting more pie, unable to stop thinking about food. I exercise pretty regularly, and I just have 8 pounds to lose. I want to lose the weight but more than anything I want to meet others who understand how I feel about food.

Replies

• DaveneGfit
    DaveneGfit Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I fully understand where you are coming from. For most of my life I struggled with having a unhealthy relationship with food. Like you I ate when I was happy, sad, lonely, or stressed. It wasn't until the past couple years that it doesn't have the same affect on me. Don't get me wrong it still comes up sometimes, but how I approach it has made all the difference. It's just a matter of changing your perspective and continuing to do so until your association with food starts to change. If that makes sense? Feel free to message me if you need anything.
  • AmandaAnn1991
    Options
    I understand exactly what you are saying. It's extremely hard not to turn to food, especially when you're bored. I do it all the time, 3 years later, and 80 pounds heavier. I joined this group hoping that I can stick to this and lose the weight. I feel as I don't eat much, but I have to be eating too much if I'm not losing any weight. I want to lose this 80 pounds by summer of 2014. Which I think is very possible if I stick to this, and don't cheat and take it serious. I also find it hard to be able to afford all the healthy foods, like salad, fish, chicken, fruits and veggies. I am just not sure how much I should eat a day and work out to lose the weight. I don't want it to come right off, and then come right back either. I am new to this site, and for taking this diet thing serious this time. I would also appreciate some help. :)