Has MPF reduced exercise calories?

I have done the same exercises since joining MPF one year ago. They are swimming breast-stroke and fast walking. Until now this earned me 635 calories per day. Suddenly, today, for no apparent reason, they have switched to 564 calories. Has anybody else noted a sudden reduction in their calories earned?

Replies

• _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,646 Member
    I think it usually overshoots the actual number more times than the reverse
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Put a new goal weight in your ticker.

The less you weigh, the less calories burned.
  • sohmui
    sohmui Posts: 108 Member
    Thanks for advice. Makes good sense that the less you weigh, the less calories burned. Just that I've lost 34 lbs over the past year, done exactly the same exercises for months, and nothing seemed to change until today, but I'll check on it and try the new goal weight.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Put a new goal weight in your ticker.

The less you weigh, the less calories burned.
    This. MFP is adjusting your calories burned since you weigh less.
  • adiggs2777
    adiggs2777 Posts: 111 Member
    I tend to take MFP's calories with a grain of salt. I do 30 minutes on the elliptical and MFP says I burn 580 calories which I assume MFP calculates based on height weight and age. The machine says 351 (I put my weight in). I realize I'm a big girl but I can't imagine that that MFP correct.
  • jendraka
    jendraka Posts: 117 Member
    I've found presets to be inaccurate for me. I use to use the MFP numbers, and machine estimates, and once I started using my HRM I realized just how far off the estimates were for me. Perhaps because my RHR is normally so low that my "in zone" is much different than "normal", I just don't know. I just much prefer a personalized count if possible.