Fresh Face Friday

Options

Replies

• moment_to_arise
    moment_to_arise Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I'm so envious of your pretty, clear complexions, ladies! I'd love to go bare-faced, but I'm one of those unfortunate people who started getting acne in college and it's stayed around since (I'm 30 now).

Anyone have any good clear-skin tips? :)

OIL CLEANSING

The greatest thing that has EVER happened to my face

http://www.theoilcleansingmethod.com/
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    0iUcBZk.jpg

Upload from my iTouch. Only HDR and auto correction.
  • FerretBuellerr
    FerretBuellerr Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I'm so envious of your pretty, clear complexions, ladies! I'd love to go bare-faced, but I'm one of those unfortunate people who started getting acne in college and it's stayed around since (I'm 30 now).

OIL CLEANSING

I've heard good things about this. Coconut oil supposedly works wonders, and I plan on trying it!
  • somerisagirlsname
    somerisagirlsname Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    At my internship and made up, but here's one from yesterday:

1017131916.jpg
  • RuleFive
    RuleFive Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    In for faces.
  • WeepingAngel81
    WeepingAngel81 Posts: 2,232 Member
    Options

What really did it for me was two different things: drinking way more water (instead of any other beverage), and eating less processed foods. I've almost completely cut out all processed and pre-packaged foods from my diet, and the change in my complexion was almost immediate. My SO who has really oily skin, large pores, and suffers from some massive zits (and he's in his 30s too!) also has very very little breakouts now that both of us have changed our diets to something "cleaner" (and prepare for the attacks on clean eating...). I haven't changed anything else skin-product wise or how often I use them (wash, toner, moisturizer every other day at the least).

My skin wasn't super terrible to begin with, however. I always thought it was, but it really wasn't.

What she said :)

I noticed that as soon as I cut back on loads of sugary and fried foods, my skin seemed to be happier. I never had a ton of acne, but I do have red tones to my skin. Preparing more homecooking meals rather than eating processed foods seemed to help. And yes, loads of water. My skin did not look better quickly though. It took a few months before I started to see the redness go away. Find a good cleanser and a good moisturizer that works for you and keep at it.
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    Terrific thread. Love it!
  • moment_to_arise
    moment_to_arise Posts: 207 Member
    Options

OIL CLEANSING

I've heard good things about this. Coconut oil supposedly works wonders, and I plan on trying it!

coconut oil CAN be great although i have found that after awhile it can become comedogenic, which means it will clog your pores. it DOESN'T happen to everyone, and it won't happen at the beginning, its a buildup over time sorta deal.

check out that website i posted earlier, its the BEST source on oil cleansing IMHO :)
  • MuscleAndMascara
    MuscleAndMascara Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    BEAUTIFUL FACES!

(I would post one but I don't know how) haha
  • Keiras_Mom
    Keiras_Mom Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    I have horrible skin, and never go out in public without makeup. Kudos to you beautiful, fresh-faced ladies!!
  • billyboybalbo
    Options
    BEAUTIFUL FACES!

(I would post one but I don't know how) haha

just send me it private :wink:
  • teesfood
    Options
    LOL its not working darnit!

fa708bbc-1479-46da-a021-4dbeb3ad03e5.jpg
  • atb0821
    atb0821 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    LOL its not working darnit!

fa708bbc-1479-46da-a021-4dbeb3ad03e5.jpg

Hopefully fixed for you.
  • teesfood
    Options
    WOW thank you!
  • HLSalter
    HLSalter Posts: 260
    Options
    asAUwOgl.jpg
  • shellma00
    shellma00 Posts: 1,684 Member
    Options
    383418_3316474643805_881999889_n.jpg

I hardly ever wear makeup, only chapstick in this picture.
  • shellma00
    shellma00 Posts: 1,684 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • MooAsh
    MooAsh Posts: 33
    Options
    1382033_10153569013335107_92250475_n.jpg
    How I look right now.
  • PhoenixStrikes
    PhoenixStrikes Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    I'm down, no make up blotchy complexion. :-(

a9e53484adf3b9d4752ea32f1301d546_zps0cd87ede.jpg
  • MooAsh
    MooAsh Posts: 33
    Options
    I'm down, no make up blotchy complexion. :-(

a9e53484adf3b9d4752ea32f1301d546_zps0cd87ede.jpg

Try [ img] http://s875.photobucket.com/albums/ab320/Ellieover/?action=view&current=a9e53484adf3b9d4752ea32f1301d546_zps0cd87ede.jpg [/ img]

without the spaces ;)