Reaching my goals

Hi! I am currently 188lbs, almost 20 pounds from my heaviest weight. I am 5'9" and I have a goal of being 125-135lbs. My calorie intake has been 1200 calories a day, and I have been trying to work out 2-3 times a week. I want to get to my goal by May 1, 2014, meaning I would lose about 50-60 pounds in about 7 and a half months. That seems like such a long time, but is that a reasonable about of time to lose that much weight? Thanks for your help :)

Replies

• weaving2fast
    weaving2fast Posts: 64 Member
    Crunching the numbers it seems reasonable but you may have to workout 4-5 times a week. Don't doubt yourself and know you can do anything!
  • OsricTheKnight
    OsricTheKnight Posts: 340 Member
    Mathematically it sounds possible, but have you counted up all the special events you have between now and then? I'd project down at 1.5 lbs per week, then add a week for each special occasion. If that estimate is beyond your target date, I think you have a very hard time ahead of you - and I think it's better to pick goals you can reach because if you give up along the way it'll be much worse.

Osric
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    aim for 1lb per week... sometimes you may lose more, sometimes it may be less... i would try not to focus on a 'completion date' though, after all, this is about creating a healthier lifestyle for yourself, that doesnt have a timeframe, its for life!
  • megdrey
    megdrey Posts: 6 Member
    Thanks everyone!